13th September 2017, 09:02 AM
Gaurav Kumar Baghel

Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc with a gap of 2 years?

I have done high school. I have scored 22 out 50 in high school
I have failed in one subject and passed in five subjects, Now I have done B.sc with PCM after 2 years gap. Am I eligible for any government job? What are those?

14th September 2017, 03:06 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc with a gap of 2 years?

You should not have any backlog status in any subject of academics otherwise you will not be eligible for any government job entrance exams.

Graduates in any stream are eligible for following exams subject to age criteria:

1. Civil Services examination.

2. SSC CGL exam.

3. IBPS PO and clerk exam.

4. State Public Service Commission exam etc.

Academic gap is not the issue, your age must be meeting criteria of these exams. If you have pending backlogs, you can clear it without any doubt.
14th September 2017, 09:04 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc with a gap of 2 years?

Having completed your bachelor's degree i.e; Bachelor of Science degree you are certainly eligible for applying for the government jobs for which the minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor degree as the gap within of after the completion of educational degree does not matters for one's eligibility for appearing in government job examinations.

Since you are a graduate degree holder so popular government jobs options available for your on the basis of your educational qualification are the options of Civil Services, defense services, banking jobs, SSC, etc. . Further for joining these options you need to qualify their respective entrance examination.
15th September 2017, 05:58 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Though you have failed in 1 subject and passed it later in you High School studies, that won't be a problem for your eligibility to Government jobs.

There are so many job opportunities for the candidates who have completed Graduation.

Below are the few areas
-Public Sector Bank Job Opportunities
-Group 1 and Group 2 Jobs of State level
-Civil Services
-Defence Services
-Railway Jobs
-Intelligence Bureau Jobs
-SSC (Staff Selection Committee) Jobs etc.

For most of these job opportunities, the maximum age criteria is 30 years.

In addition, there will be relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

The selection process would be
-Written Exam
-Interview

I would suggest you to choose the area as per your interest and then take coaching from a Coaching Institute for the respective Entrance Exam.

Visit the Employment News Paper regularly to know the information regarding these job opportunities.

One thing I want to tell you is that there is huge competition for these Exams and hence you should score more marks in the Written Exam to get a call for the Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?