10th October 2010, 10:01 AM
vikashpriya

Can lateral entry in B.Tech be done in different state from where the diploma was done?

sir i am persuing diploma last year from rajasthan and i want admission in b.tech out of rajasthan

10th October 2010, 11:54 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can lateral entry in B.Tech be done in different state from where the diploma was done?

Yeah definately its possible to do your degree outside your state.

There are some entrance exams of lateral entry which are conducted at all india level

1) LEET-TU

2) Manipal

3) IPUCET

4) COMEDK

These are some of the exams which you can answer. If you clear any of these exams then you will get direct entry into direct 2nd year

The forms are normally out after month of december and there are 10% seats in each branch

So give it a try and all the best
11th October 2010, 09:01 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can lateral entry in B.Tech be done in different state from where the diploma was done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikashpriya View Post
sir i am persuing diploma last year from rajasthan and i want admission in b.tech out of rajasthan
you can do b.tech from other state. For that you will have to give entrance exam of the state in which you want to take admission. For example, if you want to take admission in haryana then you will have to leet exam.
11th October 2010, 11:01 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

ello dear

definately, you can take admission in btech different state from where the diploma was done.

but to take admission in btech, you have to qualify JELET(joint entrance lateral entry test) exam.

all the best........
12th October 2010, 12:42 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea it can be done. after completion of your diploma you make take admission in anywhere in B.Tech. but to take admission you have to appear in lateral entrance examination. if you secure a good position then surely you will be able to take admission directly in second year of B.Tech. this entrance examination is different for different state. you have to appear in the entrance examination in which state you want to study. the syllabus, question pattern and other may vary from state to state.
7th January 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

can u help me to know about lateral entry in btec providing colleges at hydrabath and exam dates?
24th January 2011, 02:09 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friends ..........
you can give the entrance exam of the colleges like :
manipal
kiit
jelet
comedk
to get directly into the 2nd year of the respective branch through lateral entry
25th January 2011, 04:45 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

yes, you can do engg in b tech after your diploma. For this you can join in any college having good score of your diploma exam directly from 2nd year onwards.

you can join in:

1.Kongu engg. college.
2.Ssm engg. college.
3.PSG tech,coimbatore
4.Excel engg. college
5.Nandha engg. college
6.Sona engg. college etc.

Some of the college may take some donations according to the marks.

All the best for your career!!
23rd February 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

i doing my final year diploma in tamilnadu while i able to do engg out of tamilnadu
2nd March 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

i want known the donation for mechanical seat in kongu engineering college for later entry
11th March 2011, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my diploma in up can i addmitted in btec in IP university delhi
20th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

i am doing diplamo in paper technology in tamilnadu , shall i get the admission for b-tech chemical engg in rest of tamilnadu.......
18th February 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

sir, im doing diploma from haryana , but i want give exam at all india level for b.tech collage . plzz... counsel me for which exam should i prepare? and which books should i prefer 4 that??? i m quit confused.
thank u..
18th February 2012, 06:07 PM
bishnu_g

ofcourse dear friend if you have more than 60% in diploma than you can apply for LEET conducted by diffrent institute.. generally STATE doesnot matter much
best of luck
18th February 2012, 10:46 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can be admitted through lateral entry in B.Tech. in different State other then you have completed your Diploma course.

You have to appear for the entrance examination for lateral entry directly to the 2nd year of B.Tech. course of other State in which you want to take admission after Diploma. Almost in all State Technical Institutions conducts entrance examination for entry in to the under graduate B.Tech. course for candidate having 12th qualification along with entrance exam for lateral entry for Diploma candidate.
1st September 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in b.e. in 3rd year after diploma??
1st September 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i get 3rd year admission in b.e. after diploma??
1st September 2012, 08:18 PM
koppula.haritha

Yes, you can be admitted through lateral entry in B.Tech. in different State other then you have completed your Diploma course.

You have to appear for the entrance examination for lateral entry directly to the 2nd year of B.Tech. course of other State in which you want to take admission after Diploma. Almost in all State Technical Institutions conducts entrance examination for entry in to the under graduate B.Tech. course for candidate having 12th qualification along with entrance exam for lateral entry for Diploma candidate.
1st July 2017, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am doing diploma in ece in telangana. I want to do my btech in other states.so please give me suggestions sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?