27th January 2011, 08:28 AM
suraj8070

Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

Can anyone provide me a guideline to NDA.
I want to know the physical fitness parameters for selection.
Also the health requirements.
I want to know NDA in depth and i am deciding to drive my future through NDA
Now iam just doing +1(DOB::27-06-1994) & I hope i should have a look to my igher studies now.
Please provide me a detailed guidline to built my future.
With Hope for best reply

With Regards

Suraj

27th January 2011, 09:41 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

hi...
you can write the nda exam when you are in your 12th class or if you have passed out 12th class,
you should have maths as an compulsory subject,
first you should clear the written exam then you will be called for the ssb,
also remember this exam is held twice an year,
you will get all the information about this exam at www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
27th January 2011, 10:18 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

Good morning dear,

Eligibility criteria for joining NDA

1) Age and Sex and marital status :-
Only mail can apply .the applicant should be at least 16 1/2 yearand should not be more then 19 year old.
The exam will be held on 1st Jan or 1st July
The applicant should be unmarried and can marry until training period

2)Educational qualification:-
The candidate should be 10+2 pass,the candidate appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply.

3) the applicant should be Indian, subject of Bhutan or Nepal or Tibetan refugee.

4) Physical standards :- The candidate must fulfill the physical standards
He should be physically fit and must not contain any disease.

Good luck.......
27th January 2011, 11:24 AM
amahajan

Hello suraj
you can join indian army through NDA exam after your 12th class.
for more details visit the following link.

http://indianarmy.nic.in/Site/FormTemplete/frmTempSimple.aspx?MnId=mSQ6RhztONA=&ParentID=LwoZ AzlgsAg=

for physical standard details visit the following link
http://career.webindia123.com/career/competitive_exams/upsc_exams/national_defence_academy/eligibility.htm
27th January 2011, 11:49 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

Hi

You can apply for the NDA exam at the time of appearing in XII class. So you can apply for the NDA exam when you have either passed the XII class examination or appeared in the class XII examination. You will not apply for the NDA examination at XI class.

The complete eligibility criteria for this exam including physical fitness and all is mentioned below:

1.Minimum academic qualifications

(a)For Army Wing: 12th class pass or appeared in 12th class exam can apply for this exam.

(b)For Air force and Navy: 12th class pass or appeared in 12th class with physics and chemistry in 12th class can appear for this exam.

2.Age limit:
16½ - 19 years
Only the unmarried male candidate apply for this exam. Married candidate are not eligible for this exam.

3.Physical Standards :
The candidate should be physically fit and the weight and chest to be proportional to height. The different weight and height standards for Army and Air force is given below:

Height Weight 16-17 years 17-18 years 18-19 years
157cm 45kg 47kg 48kg
160cm 46.5kg 48kg 49kg
162cm 48kg 50kg 51kg
165cm 50kg 52kg 53kg
167cm 51kg 53kg 54kg
170cm 52.5kg 55kg 56kg

This exam is conducted by the UPSC so the more detail of this exam can be obtained on its official website which is www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK
27th January 2011, 11:53 AM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

Hello Suraj,
You can apply for the NDA exam conducted by UPSC every year. After clearing the exam you have to clear the SSB interview which is for 5 days and a medical exam for further 10 days.
However I suggest you to first complete your 10+2 as the questions that come in written exam are based on the curriculum upto 10+2 and you are more likely to clear the same.
For the physical standard, they are not given very much emphasis but there are certain minimum requirments regarding height weight co-relation, that you can check on the website of army, navy or airforce. Your eyesight should be 6/6 for pilot entry and minimum 6/9 correctable to 6/6 for other entries through NDA.
For details regarding examination procedure go to upsc.gov.in and for details regarding NDA,Pune visit nda.nic.in.

Best of Luck.
27th January 2011, 04:11 PM
praveen798

firstly for nda you will have to decide in which sterm you want to go. In army airforce or navy.as per this we will provide you requirements.
27th January 2011, 04:47 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

Now its right time that you start preparing for NDA exam,

NDA exam is conducted twice a year by the UPSC,India.

The requirements is that you should be normal and no disease. the eye sight should be 6/6 correctable to it.

You can refer this website for more information about the NDA eligibility and instructions.
www.upsc.gov.in

best regards.
27th January 2011, 08:34 PM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
Originally Posted by suraj8070 View Post
Now iam just doing +1(DOB::27-06-1994) & I hope i should have a look to my igher studies now.
With Hope for best reply

With Regards

Suraj

hello

i want to inform you that the scope for NDA students is touching the sky now........

so don't worry about the scope and be practical in your life

the entrance exam is held in the year twice and there are certain age limits which you can check at the net ..........

best of luck.......

thank you.............
30th January 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

i want to knw about some of the books dat wud help me 2 prepare for nda exams....i also want to knw dat wat are the physical drills to be performed in nda???
31st January 2011, 11:57 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
With Hope for best reply

With Regards

Suraj
dear friend,
for doing nda you will first have to do 12th class and get atleast 50% marks in total. also you must have math as one of your subject in 12th class. in nda there will be two exams, one of physics, chemistry, maths, and the other of general knowledge. after passing the exam, you will be called for physical tests. for passing those physical tests, the student must be physically fit, should not have any disease, must not wear spectacles.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
14th February 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

i have passed my class XI exam can i fill up the form of NDA exam
14th February 2011, 09:28 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
With Hope for best reply

With Regards

Suraj

Hi,

NDA, National Defense Academy is an academy where they train students for Army, navy and air force.
To join this exam, you need to write NDA exam. This exam is conducted twice every year by UPSC in the month of April and August.

here i have attached a file consisting about the eligiblity.

NDA is a very good carrier. It is a 100% job guarantee and your life is secured.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY.pdf(140.1 KB, 124 views)
17th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

which all subjects i have to study for NDA entrance examination........
13th March 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i have just passed class 11. can i fill nda forms 2011.
if yes where are they available in chandigarh?
14th April 2011, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen798 View Post
firstly for nda you will have to decide in which sterm you want to go. In army airforce or navy.as per this we will provide you requirements.
air force
20th May 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

qualify marks for nda enterance exam
2nd June 2011, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

what is hight in feet, weight, class, and other qualification of nda air force?
2nd July 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

my height is 172 cm and weight is 60 kg. m i capable of being selected in NDA? or will i have to work hard and loose some weight?
11th July 2011, 07:12 PM
Tushar93

Cool Re: Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my height is 172 cm and weight is 60 kg. m i capable of being selected in NDA? or will i have to work hard and loose some weight?
Friend,

As far as the height and weight is concerned you're very much fit to join any defence force. You do not need to loose or gain any weight, because height- weight co-relation is examined when you give medicals.

So Best of Luck For Road Ahead
11th July 2011, 07:26 PM
Tushar93

Wink Re: Career through NDA for student of 11th standard? Physical and medical requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is hight in feet, weight, class, and other qualification of nda air force?
Hello Friend,

Here are the details......

1. Educational Qualification - Class IX with Physics and Maths

2. Age - 16.5yrs to 19yrs

3. Medical Standards
Eye - Perfect 6/6 vision in both eyes without glasses. No colourblindness, nightblindness, glaucoma, or cataract. Air Force pilots require perfectly healthy eyes.
Height and weight- You should fit in height-weight corelation chart as prepared by indian air force.

No vision correction, hernia or any other surgery suffered in the past
Physically handicapped are not eligible for defence jobs.

for details visit careerairforce.nic.in
4th August 2011, 11:22 PM
Arsalaan

Quote:
With Hope for best reply

With Regards

Suraj
Hii,
To appear for NDA exam conducted by UPSC you need to be either appearing for 10+2 exam or passed out.
So prepare you have time.You need to clear the written exam.You need to stand up to the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility criteria for NDA:

For Army wing :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

A candidate must either be :
i) a citizen of India, or
ii) a subject of Bhutan, or nepal,or a Tibetan refugee.

Status
A candidate must be an unmarried male.Candidates must not marry until they complete their full training.

Age limit
-Must not have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age 19 years on the 1st January or 1st of July of the year succeeding the year of examination.

Physical Standards :
The candidate should be physically fit and the weight and chest to be proportional to height.
The candidate must not suffer from severe disease.

Further information at:
http:\\www.upsc.gov.in
18th August 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

My name is ramkumar i am from andhra pradesh i want to know the qualifiation details to join in indian army or air force
My age is 17
22nd August 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

sir can a commerce student join the nda???
18th September 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

sir can a commerce student join the nda???
29th February 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

IF IN class 11 only ,i have passed nda exam, than i will get benefit or not
19th April 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

can a student of arts stream appear for nda
25th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Krish1111

Hi,
if you completed 12th class then you eligible for army,naval,
First apply to NDA exam by online process or apply to IES exam for graduates for higher jobs the jobs are need studies in maths, physics subjects and qualification is degree for IES Exam <indian engineering servies > please check detaile in Www.joininindianarmy.nic.in age is limit 16.5 to 19years for nda exam, and 19-25 years for ies exam,
hight 160cmt, the candidate selected by physical fitnes and exam test. All the best.
9th June 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

hi sir i want to join air foce through nda so explain me and salary
13th June 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO JOIN NDA BUT I AM FROM COMMERCE STREME SO CAN I
14th June 2012, 11:48 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

You have to be a minimum 12 pass out to sit for this exam.
Age limit for the same is 16.5-19 years.

Exam pattern:-
paper i is mathematics of 300 marks
paper ii is the general ability divided into two parts:-
part A is english of 200 marks
part B is general knowledge of 400 marks
so total 900 marks

Then there is the interview session which will yield you more marks

Here I have uploaded the physical standards for you. Please go through that.
This will give you a better idea. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PHYSICAL STANDARDS.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	96050  
15th June 2012, 01:59 AM
rockstarrocks

Hi dear,

You can apply for the NDA exam at the time of appearing in XII class. So you can apply for the NDA exam when you have either passed the XII class examination or appeared in the class XII examination. You will not apply for the NDA examination at XI class.

The complete eligibility criteria for this exam including physical fitness and all is mentioned below:

1.Minimum academic qualifications

(a)For Army Wing: 12th class pass or appeared in 12th class exam can apply for this exam.

(b)For Air force and Navy: 12th class pass or appeared in 12th class with physics and chemistry in 12th class can appear for this exam.

2.Age limit:
16½ - 19 years
Only the unmarried male candidate apply for this exam. Married candidate are not eligible for this exam.

3.Physical Standards :
The candidate should be physically fit and the weight and chest to be proportional to height. The different weight and height standards for Army and Air force is given below:

Height Weight 16-17 years 17-18 years 18-19 years
157cm 45kg 47kg 48kg
160cm 46.5kg 48kg 49kg
162cm 48kg 50kg 51kg
165cm 50kg 52kg 53kg
167cm 51kg 53kg 54kg
170cm 52.5kg 55kg 56kg

This exam is conducted by the UPSC so the more detail of this exam can be obtained on its official website which is www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
15th June 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
i jst want 2 know that, is maths essential 4 nda?
M a science stream student of 12 standard but i don't have maths..
I'll wait 4 ur rply sir..!!
15th June 2012, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
i just want 2 know that,
is maths essential 4 nda?
M a science stream student. But i don't have maths..
16th May 2018, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

I'm a girl and I recently give SSC board exams of 10 and should I join Indian army after the 10
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?