21st May 2010, 07:16 PM
ramesh.v003

Details of merchant navy cadet course in IGNOU?

respected sir,
I want to know more about merchant navy cadet course in ignou.
application form,entrence exam,semester fee,duration of this course,institute,ect,ect............
for my email id ramesh.v003

24th May 2010, 05:48 PM
swati123

Default Re: Details of merchant navy cadet course in IGNOU?

The IGNOU conducted merchant-navy course is a Diploma in Nautical Science. Developed in collaboration with the Directorate General of Shipping, it is a one year diploma course and is fee is around 2 lacs. For fee structure and other details, check the following websites:

http://www.ignou.ac.in/schools/soet/igdgs_cover.htm
http://www.dgshipping.com/dgship/final/instdata/indos12_fees.htm
http://www.ignou.ac.in/.../nauticalscience/.../Part-1-BNS%20Prospectus_Feb%2008.doc
29th May 2010, 12:52 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Eligibility:

The eligibility conditions are:

(A) Educational (1) 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 55% marks in PCM from a recognized Board OR B.Sc. with Physics as an individual subject in any one of the years of B. Sc with not less than 50% marks in the final year of B.Sc. from a recognized University provided that the candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 55% marks in PCM from a recognized Board. OR B.E./B.Tech. Degree from I.I.T or from a college/ University recognized by AICTE/ UGC/ DEC. And (2) should have passed with not less than 50% marks in English as a subject, at either 10th or 12th standard or in the Degree course, conducted by a Board or any University. [Note: Those appearing in eligibility qualifying examination are also eligible to apply provided they meet all the eligibility criteria on or before the commencement of the programme and produce the certificates to that effect.]

(B) Age, Not more than 20 years in case of 10+2 pass, Not more than 22 years in case of B.Sc. Degree, Not more than 24 years in case of B.E./B.Tech. The age limit is relaxable by 2 years in case of female candidates. Age relaxation of 5 years to SC/ST candidates will be available as per the rules of Government of India.

(C) Physical Standards: Medically fit as per the standards prescribed by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000, and Eye sight: 6/6 in each eye without visual aids and normal colour vision. [Note: The candidates are strongly advised to get them medically examined so as to avoid any last minute embarrassment.]

Selection Procedure: Candidates will be selected on the basis of an All India Entrance Test (OPENNET) followed by an interview. Reservation in number of seats shall be as prescribed by the Government of India rules. For further details please refer to the Prospectus. As per the latest guidelines issued by the DG Shipping, Mumbai, it is now mandatory for all the candidates to qualify in OPENNET to seek admission in B.Sc. (Nautical Science) programme of IGNOU-DGS, irrespective of whether their candidature is sponsored by a Shipping Company or their Manning Agents or not.

How To Apply:

The Prospectus can be obtained from IGNOU headquarters, New Delhi on weekdays during working hours on payment of Rs.100/- in November. It can also be downloaded from IGNOU website i.e www.ignou.ac.in The filled-in Application forms along with the requisite fee of Rs.500/- (Rs.600/- in case of downloaded forms) in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at Delhi should reach in an envelope super-scribed “Application form for B.Sc. (Nautical Science)” on or before the last date of submission of applications to,

The Registrar (SR&ED),
Block-12, Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Maidan Garhi,
New Delhi – 110068
10th June 2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

sir i am student of BCA sec.year.
i am instered to merchant navy
plz.give me information releted this course
10th July 2010, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am just complete my H.S.C. from mumbai university so i want to get a information about the neavy shipping.Please give
me information about this course. my e-mail address is :[email protected]
14th July 2010, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Its honey and i want to knw is thr any cadetship course having less duration as compare to 1yr diploma. for a graduate coz i m graduate and my age is 22.wht wud b btr plz suggest.thnx.
15th July 2010, 04:27 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

For admission in merchant navy cadet course, you have to appear in the IGNOU OPENNET entrance test.

Through qualifying this exam one can admit in the B.Sc nautical science course or merchant navy course.

Candidates should pass 12th from a recognised board/university with at least 55% marks in PCM.

The exam is generally held in the month of february.

You can get the online application form from the official website of IGNOU:
www.ignou.ac.in

Good luck!
15th July 2010, 04:28 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

For admission in merchant navy cadet course, you have to appear in the IGNOU OPENNET entrance test.

Through qualifying this exam one can admit in the B.Sc nautical science course or merchant navy course.

Candidates should pass 12th from a recognised board/university with at least 55% marks in PCM.

The exam is generally held in the month of february.

You can get the online application form from the official website of IGNOU:
www.ignou.ac.in

Good luck!
5th August 2010, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my DOB-15/09/1990. i want to know that whether i can apply for merchant navy this year.my 12th score in PCM is 70%. i was selected in univan ship also but due to some reason i didn't go for that.so,please give me guidance about deck cadet in merchant navy.
26th August 2010, 04:29 AM
Unregistered

B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) (BTME) details
31st August 2010, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO FILL THE ADMISSION FORM TO THE
B.SC (CHEMISTRY HONERS)
16th September 2010, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am yet doing 10 2 and i am worried that u conduct exam in february but my results will appear in may. So what should i do?
25th September 2010, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have in PCB with 74%. can i apply in marchant navy.
27th September 2010, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

what is the per required for neavy in 12th? and what is the procedure to join the neavy
22nd November 2010, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, if i cleared ignou opennet , then what is the complete fee structure of bsc nautical science course and diploma in naut. science
3rd January 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

19th February 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

what is the procedure to apply for 1 year deck cadet course by ignou. iam doing my 12th nw .so hw can i apply
23rd February 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Please see

http://shipping-jobs.blogspot.com/2011/01/eligibility-requirements-for-deck.html

and

http://shipping-jobs.blogspot.com/2011/01/joining-merchant-navy-career-at-sea.html

for details
13th April 2011, 07:41 PM
alexa402

Default Is it yours too

Very nice site!
16th May 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I m a student of 12th with PCM and interested to join merchant navy. Please guide me how i can join the merchant navy?
Regards,
Himanshu Panwar
(Email, [email protected] and [email protected])
30th May 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I need sample paprers for IMU entrance exam, pls help.
30th May 2011, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I need sample papers for IMU Exam, pls help.
4th August 2011, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

My DOB-05/01/1990, I m graduate person in ART and I will join to Merchant Navy.Plz rply me
14th January 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i m electrical engineer with 27 month experience can i elegible for MES and merchant navy job
[email protected]
19th January 2012, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Sir i wanna date of enterance for marin engg 2012 pls sir its argent.
18th April 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

after BE Mechanical Engineering how can i enter ??
6th May 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

sir my D.O.B. is 05/07/1990 and my engineering is completing in 2014. please enlighten me that am i will be eligible to get admitted in any course with respect to my D.O.B.
i will be very much thankful to you?
18th January 2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

respected sir

. . i want to admission deck cadet course but i have 23 year old and pcm result 65% in 10 2 sir i can fill up your form plz give me advise
web sit . [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?