18th December 2012, 08:28 PM
najiareekat

How can I go for Civil Service after studying Law? What kind of questions will come?

sir, i want how to know how i can go for civil service after studieng law what kind of questions will come?

Related Questions:
  1. Public Service Commission, West Bengal Departmental Examination For Officers of The West Bengal Civil Service-Law Paper-I (Criminal Law and the Law of Evidence) Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  2. Scope of law in civil service? Which books should I refer?
  3. Civil Services Examination Law (Paper I) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. How can I take Law as an option in mains UPSC? I'm in 1st year Ph.D (Agriculture) in New Delhi and preparing for civil service exam
  5. Information for the entrance exam of Law in Kolkata? What kind of preparation is needed?
  6. Last 10 years question papers of Law for Civil Service mains exam?
  7. How should I prepare for IPS? I am a 10th standard student
  8. What kind of questions are asked in BS Civil
  9. Which stream should I take up after 10th for Civil Service and Law Exams? Procedure to apply for both? Syllabus of the exams?
  10. How should I prepare for Civil Service Exam? I am studying in 12th
  11. Can I do law along with my B.Com while studying in FYB.Com
  12. Which group to opt for after completion of 10th class to become IAS Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. List of the colleges in which I can get admission on the basis of CLAT?
  14. How should I plan myself to become IAS being a candidate of pursuing 11th class?
  15. Karnataka Public Service Commission Law Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Solved question papers of Engineering Service questions for civil
  17. Mangalore University Commerce TYBCom-6th Sem Indian Corporate Law Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  18. What kind of questions are included in screening test of Public Service Commission? -- [New]
19th December 2012, 12:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I go for Civil Service after studying Law? What kind of questions will come?

There is no changes in the procedure of applying for Civil Service Examination for LLB graduate. The procedure would remain the same as for other candidates. Similarly the questions asked in the Civil Service Examination are the same regardless of what degree you have.

However the questions would be different for optional subjects. Since each candidate is free to select the optional subjects, the questions would be related to what subject you end up choosing.

Apart from that there is no change is the exam pattern. It hardly matters whether a candidate has B.Tech, MBBS or Law degree. The questions would be the same. In the General Studies paper, the questions are generally from the 12th textbook.

This is why candidates are recommended to study NCERT Books for Class 12th. Apart from that, there will be some questions related to general knowledge. For that you must read and watch news on daily basis to keep yourself updated. Don't miss out on any major development in the world.

Apart from general studies there will be paper on Indian Language for which you must select one language. One paper would be on English and another one of Essay. Each candidate is required to select 2 optional subjects for Main Exam. There will be 2 papers on each subject. Here you are recommended to select the subjects that are related to your course.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree from any recognized university.

3. There is no minimum percentage criteria.

4. You age should be 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. There is 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

Exam Pattern

1. preliminary exam

2. main exam

3. interview
7th May 2013, 08:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I go for Civil Service after studying Law? What kind of questions will come?

One can apply for civil services after completing graduation in any subject. Selection is done through two stages, prelims and mains. Questions on mental ability, GK, Indian History, and geography are asked for prelims exam. Selection of optional subject can be done for mains exam. You can select law as one of the subject. Other questions for mains include general studies questions, English language, and so on.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?