9th February 2011, 10:42 PM
jmaitrei

How to prepare for GATE 2012 for B.Tech 2nd year student? Best books to study?

how to score in Gate
I am in Jaypee university of engg and tech,Guna. Our syllabus doesn't cover 33% of syllabus of gate. What should I do ? Which books are the best.

Related Questions:
10th February 2011, 08:35 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE 2012 for B.Tech 2nd year student? Best books to study?

hi...
start preparing right from now,follow the standard books for the subject,
please tell your subject so that we could send you the name of the authors of good books in that subject,
also join some coaching institute as your college does not have 33% of the syllabus,
and follow the materials of institutes like brilliant tutorials,
and practice as many sample papers and previous years papers to have the complete knowledge of the test,
as for as the aptitude part is concerned practice it from the materials of the times it will be really helpful,also follow the books of r.s agrawal,
for mathematics b.s grewal is the best book to follow there is no other book you need to go after
11th February 2011, 07:00 PM
jmaitrei

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE 2012 for B.Tech 2nd year student? Best books to study?

I am from ECE branch...
15th February 2011, 01:44 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

You dont need any extra books ..... just keep revising your subjects in vacations.
16th March 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

i have 2 appear in gate 2012...my branch is computer science....i'm not in positin 2 attend coaching because of some financial problem.....plz guide me how 2 prepare.....plz
9th April 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

dont worry.......u need to focus on ur strength its not imp how many subject u r preparing bt how many subject u know perfectly
focus on automata,discrete,Digital,COS,Os..
All d bst
21st April 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I want to prepare for gate 2012. I am working in a company which has a bond of 18 months. I am planning to do mtech after 18 months of my service.
Please suggest me some good books for Computer Science Engineering.
23rd April 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i am 2nd year ece student plz give me the names of the best books in order to prepare for gate 2012.how should i prepare?
5th May 2011, 12:28 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaitrei View Post
how to score in Gate
I am in Jaypee university of engg and tech,Guna. Our syllabus doesn't cover 33% of syllabus of gate. What should I do ? Which books are the best.
Hey friend,

The information regarding the best books and the syllabus for GATE 2011 are mentioned in a file attached.

Please refer.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Books for GATE 2011 exams.doc(22.0 KB, 303 views)
File Type: doc GATE ECE Syllabus 2011.doc(25.0 KB, 216 views)
18th May 2011, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

i am a mech student which buks do i need 2 prefer?????
9th June 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

reading of books thoroughly and solving previous years paper will help me out in clearing my gate enterance exam?? or i have to join any institute ? even in my college also no good teaching is provided. so please help me out.
thank you.
[email protected]
12th June 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

IS IT RIGHT TO JOIN COACHING IN THIRD YEAR TO PREPARE FOR GATE ?I HAVE HEARD THAT IT BECOMES TOO HECTIC?PLEASE ADVISE
19th June 2011, 05:22 AM
Unregistered

i am 3 rd year student .computer science engineering ,so can you tell me the books for preparing GATE 2012???please ....
19th June 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

sir , i m doing btech (textile chemistry ) from gndu 3rd year i want to give gate this year ?????? how many many marks and out of what are enough to take admission in iit delhi ????? can u plz give some last year description
21st June 2011, 03:27 AM
Unregistered

hi im pawan singh i study in mewar university which is one of the most ranked college in asia.and i have to qualify gate 2012'''''''''''''''''''''plz help me out????????????
i m from ECE BRANCH
21st June 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

please suggest the boos for all the subjects for gate(comp sci)
24th June 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Is there any best material provided for gate 2012 topic wise questions?
26th June 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate biotechnology from 2nd year?
28th June 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

i m pursuring b.tech from IT branch.....pls tell me the standard books of all the sujects for an IT student.....pls rply soon.......
29th June 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus of GATE??
30th June 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

hii.. i want to do M.Tech.. plzz tell m d subjects i shud emphasise on....
30th June 2011, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

which book can i refer for gate? i am from ce. please give me suggestion for gate preparation.
4th July 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

how to study for 2012 gate in 4th year metALLURGY
8th July 2011, 07:14 AM
Unregistered

I am in aligarh muslim university. Its my btech first year with cs.I am loosing hope that am i able to get into an iit or bits pilani(its my dream from 11th) .
also i want to knw that should i stay in hostel or take a room on lease or stay with any of my relative taking in view for the purpose studies?
should i take any DPL programme for gate?
email:[email protected]
12th July 2011, 08:57 PM
Sarita Ritu

i have 2 appear in gate 2012...my branch is information technology....i'm not in positin 2 attend coaching because of some financial problem.....plz guide me how 2 prepare.....plz

plz give me the names of the best books in order to prepare for gate 2012.how should i prepare?
17th July 2011, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare gate 2012 exam.........
25th July 2011, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

To
jntu kakinada

sir, i am a lateral entry student in btech.i am joined in btech since2006 and i am studied only 2&3 years i did not study fourth year and iam detained in 4th year due to lack of credits.and i am not having eligible credits i did not write my exams iam absents in all exams and i paid all regular and supply fee.can i have chance to study fourth or not?
27th July 2011, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

best book to prepare gate 2012.am a final year student
27th July 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

am a civil engg final year student.which is the best book to prepare gatd 2011
28th July 2011, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

gk publisher
31st July 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

I am a 2nd year student in ece what are the main subjects that I have to focus to prepare for gate exam.
11th August 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

which books will good for gate preparation of b.tech 2nd year students?
11th August 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

sir i am the student final year civil engg. i just want to ask you which book i have to use to make valid gate score
11th August 2011, 05:47 PM
meeria

dear friend

friend i if u study all syllebus ,and take part on pre gate exam on training center
thats enough
11th August 2011, 06:02 PM
meeanki

dear

i think it will be better if u study gate syllabus and atten pre gate exam in training center

best book "new delhi publication"
17th August 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

hi....i m persuing b-tech from..p.i.e udaipur(rajasthan)..i m in 2 year..will u pls guide me that how will i prepare for gate exam...from know onwords....
19th August 2011, 07:49 PM
malek basit

hi friends...

DEar follows..

First there should be planning.To get rank in GATE is not an easy task you

should do smart work with good planning.

The syllabus for the GATE exam involves each and every subject that u will

go through all the 4 years of your b.tech.So,if your main aim is GATE..then

its better u pay more concentration through every subject that u deal from

now on.Actually,most of all start preparing for the GATE from their 3rd

year.Mostly it will be enough if you are good at your basics.So,to be good at

basics,prepare a running notes for every concept from your first day of

classes.

Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If

not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.

Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take

some time but will help you while revising before paper. Click here for expert

tips to prepare notes for GATE.

While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions

"What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement

Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn,

Test, Analyze, Improve …… If you follow these tips definitely you will be

success.
All the best .
21st August 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

i m student in ECE 3rd yr. i want 2 appear in gate 2013 exam.. so which subject i hv 2 learn properly 2 appear in gate 2013...... plz guid me sir...........
25th August 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

can i apply offline for GATE exam . is there any rule that only one can only apply online ?
25th August 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum %age(btech) required to get admission in mtech ?
26th August 2011, 12:05 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for GATE 2012 for B.Tech 2nd year student? Best books to study?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaitrei View Post
how to score in Gate

well..2nd year is a bit too early to start preparations for GATE..its always better to start from the 3rd year as the GATE syllabus is mostly from the 3rd and 4th year syllabus..coaching wont be an advisable thing as i know that there is practically nothing for about 5 miles near ur college..
take up the study material of a coaching institute preferably MADE EASY..studying from the study material of a coaching institute will let u know the exact course of GATE

hope this helps..
26th August 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

i am civil engg student tell me how to prepare for gate
30th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

how many numbers are gain for sc category students in gate ?
6th September 2011, 12:59 AM
yash448

you did not mention you branch..........so please mention it and feel free to ask again.
15th September 2011, 07:05 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for gate2013?
15th September 2011, 04:43 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hii.. i want to do M.Tech.. plzz tell m d subjects i shud emphasise on....
dear friend

to do the post graduation courses like M.TECH there is exam named as GATE ( graduate aptitude test in engineering ) exam.

GATE exam offers the admission for the pg courses in the best institutes like IIT's , NIT's and other best private universities.

the syllabus for the gate exam is subjects like english , logical reasoning and one optional subject.
in the optional subject you can choose the subject in which you have better knowledge and the subject which you have already studied in the under graduation courses.

to know more about the gate exam kindly visit the website
www.gate.iitm.ac.in

thanks
best luck
with regards
15th September 2011, 06:00 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

As your syllabus contains only 33% of GATE then please start your preparation right now.I have suggest you some good books which will really help you.The name of the books given below.....

1. GATE 2012 by G.K.Publishers.
2. GATE 2012 by Handa.
3. An Introduction of GATE 2012 by Gini Publication.

Please follow these above book right now and you will be succeed.Another thing is that main the following...

1. read according to the syllabus.
2. practice a lot.
3. maintain time table.
4. maintain discipline. etc.

all the best.
good day.
15th September 2011, 11:42 PM
fahran

Hi dear,

First there should be planning.To get rank in GATE is not an easy task you

should do smart work with good planning.

The syllabus for the GATE exam involves each and every subject that u will

go through all the 4 years of your b.tech.So,if your main aim is GATE..then

its better u pay more concentration through every subject that u deal from

now on.Actually,most of all start preparing for the GATE from their 3rd

year.Mostly it will be enough if you are good at your basics.So,to be good at

basics,prepare a running notes for every concept from your first day of

classes.

Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If

not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.

Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take

some time but will help you while revising before paper. Click here for expert

tips to prepare notes for GATE.

While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions

"What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement

Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn,

Test, Analyze, Improve …… If you follow these tips definitely you will be

success.

Thanks
16th September 2011, 12:57 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you are not eligiable for the gate 2012 exam.

as you are B.Tech 2nd year student, so youare not eligiable for gate 2012.

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

all the best.........
18th September 2011, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

i m a b.tech first year student of ECE branch i hav thought n m confirmed i wana appear for gate in my last year..i hav syllabus n paper pattern of gate ..evrythng vith me n i wana entr iit m getng strong vit my basics..so it vud b a right choice to study for the gate frm 2nd year..i hav same syllabus as that of gate in colg???? pls guide me.....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?