21st October 2016, 03:00 PM
sooraj 786

If I complete 10th from NIOS and 12th from Bihar board then can I attend the IIT exam or not?

Well what if I complete my 10th from NIOS board and 12th from Bihar board. Can i attend the JEE exam for IIT or not? Please, do help me.

21st October 2016, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I complete 10th from NIOS and 12th from Bihar board then can I attend the IIT exam or not?

Yes, you are eligible to attend IIT (JEE Advanced) examination after completion of your 12th standard from Bihar Board. But, to be eligible to appear in IIT (JEE Advanced) examination, you have to appear, qualify and secure top 2,00,000 among all categories in JEE Main examination. You should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or an equivalent examination from a recognised board to be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. So, if you get good rank in JEE Main examination definitely, you are eligible to appear in IIT examination after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS Board.
21st October 2016, 10:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I complete 10th from NIOS and 12th from Bihar board then can I attend the IIT exam or not?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in various undergraduate technical courses from top engineering institutes of India like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other private engineering colleges.

--> JEE is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> To be eligible for appearing in JEE Main on must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age not exceeding 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the norms.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group as your main subjects with a minimum of 45% aggregate from a recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th with Bihar Intermediate Board which is recognized state board of Bihar you are eligible for appearing in JEE if you satisfy the other criteria mentioned above too.

For more details about JEE Main you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in
22nd October 2016, 12:06 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for JEE exam as you have completed your 12th from a recognized board. There should not be any problem if you have done 10th from NIOS and 12th from Bihar Board. As both these board are recognized board. Thanks
22nd October 2016, 12:13 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Definitely, you can attend the IIT exam, ,if you had pursued 12th from Bihar board. Bihar board is a well recognized 'state board'. But, you must have passed all the exams in 12th standard to appear in IIT exam. Also, you must have Physics, Chemistry and mathematics as the main subjects in 12th standard.
To appear in IIT exam 2017, your date of birth must fall on or after 1st October, 1992. You can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
22nd October 2016, 12:28 AM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- NIOS is also known as National Institute of Open Schooling. It is a affiliated platform.

--- Your matriculation form NIOS is well affiliated.

--- Also, 12th from Bihar board is well affiliated.

--- So, you are eligible for IIT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?