20th June 2015, 01:02 PM
Madhu Anvekar

Job vacancies for Masters in Tourism Management through IGNOU?

Hello Sir/Madam
I have completed my Masteres in Tourism Management though IGNOU are there any job vacancies ? As I would to apply for the same . And what formalities for the same ?
Thank you
Madhu Anvekar

Related Questions:
  1. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management- Marketing for the Tourism Managers Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  2. Scope for a government job in tourism course? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. When should I apply for NET exam? I have completed masters in Tourism Management from IGNOU
  4. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management-Management Functions and Behaviour in Tourism Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management- Tourist Transport Management (Road Transport) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management- Accounting and Finance for Managers in Tourism Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Eligibility Criteria to get a job in Ministry of Tourism and what is the eligibility criterian after BTS IGNOU course
  8. How to get tourism government job after masters degree in Tourism?
  9. List of universities which offer PhD in Tourism?
  10. Is there any government job available for me as per my age and qualification?
  11. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management-Human Resource Planning and Development in Tourism Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. For which subject should I apply in NET SET exam after completing B.Tech in Hotel Management with first class from Nagpur University and Masters degree in Tourism Management from IGNOU with 50%?
  13. After Bachelor degree in tourism studies what should I do between MBA in Tourism Management and Masters in Tourism?
  14. Process to get job in Ministry of Tourism for Masters in Tourism candidate?
  15. Can i do MTS if i have a bachelor degree in IT?
  16. Which subjects to take in 11th and procedure to do MBA or CS?
  17. What can be studies after Masters in Tourism management? How to get in government sector?
  18. How to get Government Job in Tourism sector of Gujarat being a candidate from MBA in Tourism and Hospitality and with 2 years of work experience as Faculty in a Hotel Management College?
13th August 2015, 11:41 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Job vacancies for Masters in Tourism Management through IGNOU?

Masters in Tourism Management offers you quite a career in genres like lodging management, travel management and booking management. Let me explain below what all these three mean:
1) Lodging Management-Touring is incomplete without lodging. Whenever we visit some place, we always worry about where would we stay, what would we eat, etc. These would be managed by the lodging managers.

2) Travel Management-The touring itself is a headache. Where to go? How to make the plan of the entire trip. A trip means lot of costs involved. How to minimize the cost? The entire trip plan is done by person who joins this department.

3) Booking Management-We have to reserve tickets for travel through air or railways or road. But we want that to be in a moderate rate. All these are done by booking manager.
All these 3 departments fall under Tourism Management. Now you have to see, which department you can excel, only after you join the course.
14th August 2015, 10:10 PM
sai215

Default Re: Job vacancies for Masters in Tourism Management through IGNOU?

Re: Job vacancies for Master in Tourism Management through IGNOU?

Jobs in Tourism Industry :

Airlines
Hotels , Motels and resorts
Cruise Industry

The job Prospects in Tourism Sector after successfully completion of tourism studies programmes/courses is very bright and the potential is still largely untapped.

Carrier Opportunists exist both in private and Public sectors . In the Public sector there are opportunities in the Directorates and Departments of Tourism of the Center and Sate as Officers, Information Assistants ,Tourist guides etc. I the Private sector with travel Agencies, Tour Operators, Airlines, Hotels, Transport and Cargo Companies etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?