9th September 2010, 10:02 PM
abinashsahoo89

Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs?

sir now i am a 4th yr student of BTech in mech. engg.
my cgpa is 7.1 is it a problem while applying for all kind of PSUs?
any suggestion!!!!

10th September 2010, 05:14 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs?

there are some sector where they may ask for the minimum CGPA 6.75. but as you have CGPA 7.1 so you have no problem for applying to any PSUs for this marks. best of luck.

10th September 2010, 06:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs?

To apply for government jobs in PSUs the minimum percentage of marks that they ask for is 50%. Some PSUs also ask for 60% marks. In your case, if your CGPA of 7.1 is out of 10 then you can definitely apply to PSUs. Apart from the marks in the graduation, they look for academic consistency.

11th September 2010, 12:15 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs is 6.75. which is 60% in btech.

to fulfill the criteria to attain in psu exam 60% marks in 12th & 10th also require.

age limit 21-29 year.

all the best.........

11th September 2010, 05:23 PM
# singh is king #

Dear friend,

AS per my knowledge there is minimum cgpa in B-tech in 6.75 that is 60% marks to get the government jobs in PSUs.

all the best...........

11th September 2010, 11:55 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

It is a little bit tough work to get a job in Govt sector.
But,don't worry you a good CGPA,so you can be eligible for most of the Govt or Private job.

In general,for the application for the Govt. job in PSU,you should have minimum 60% in aggregate means 6.75 CGPA in all semester.

So,there are some Govt jobs,such as :

1RDO,
2:Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited(BHEL),
3:Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)
4:Projects & Development India Limited
5:Asiapower Overseas Employment Services
6:Security Printing & Minting Corporation of India Limited.
7:Indian Oil Corporation Limited

Good luck.

15th November 2010, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

My CGPA will be 6.4 what PSUs can I apply for?

30th November 2010, 09:15 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

For government jobs you need to have a minimum of 50% in your CGPA.

And as you are having 7.1% you can surely apply.

1st December 2010, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

how to go in indian oil , hmt ,ntpc etc for mecanical engineer

2nd December 2010, 05:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

If you are interested to get a jobs in PSUs, then you have to scored minimum 60% marks in your B.tech Mechanical, Electrical and in Electronics.

But, if you want to apply for the post of Executive Trainee in PSUs, then you have to scored minimum 65% marks in your B.tech.

So. All PSUs take fresh B.Tech as Graduate Trainees as per their requirement. The selection are based on written test and interview.

The Notification of jobs are published in all leading newspapers, So please read the employment newspapers daily to get more detials regarding PSUs jobs.

2nd December 2010, 05:27 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

No, you will not face any problem regarding marks eligibility.... keep your focous on interview and keep revising fourth yr subjects.

2nd December 2010, 07:37 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

All of the top government jobs require for 60% like ECIL,BHEL etc and some ask for 65% Like DRDO,ISRO and since you are having 70% so no need to worry.

2nd December 2010, 08:40 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

You will not face any problem in getting jobs in any kind of PSUs with 7.1 CGPA in Btech.

In most of the PSUs the eligibility criteria is that candidate must have passed btech with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA from a recognized university. You can apply in many PSUs like:
BEL
GAIL
DRDO
SAIL

But remember getting more than 60% in btech is not enough. Most of the PSUs require that candidate must have scored at least 60% throughout their academic career.

2nd December 2010, 10:32 PM
saranarayanan

Dear friend:For all government jobs(upsc,tnpsc),the average CGPA Required is 7....but some government organisation like bhel,ongc,sail,nlc fixing the criteria like GGPA 7.5....it depend upon the organisation...but maintaining the cgpa from 7 to 8 is safe.........

2nd December 2010, 10:41 PM
saswata06

Most govt jobs require 60% marks.Some universities have the criteria to measure 6.75 cgpa as 60% and some universities directly multiply it through 10 e.g. 6.8 is 68%.so if u have anything more than 7.0 cgpa then it is good.

3rd December 2010, 04:54 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs
AS per my knowledge there is minimum cgpa in B-tech in 6.75 that is 60% marks to get the government jobs in PSUs.

good luck.

5th December 2010, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS CPGA? N HOW 2 CALCULATE?

15th December 2010, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

sir i have 6.74 cgpa and i belong to electrical and electronics engg. branch passed in 2010, so in what psu's am I elgible to appear .Please inform me

5th January 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir we have to get 65% as an agregate or 65% individually in all semesters during b.tech im bit confused

16th January 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

sir how i get cgpa to percentage like 65% for apply the execuitive trainee in psu my cgpa is 7.04

15th February 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

my percenatage is 68% how much my cgpa

23rd February 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the rule for converting cgpa into percentage.what is the minimum value of cgpa should be maintain that there is no problem in govt. job and private job.

28th February 2011, 05:49 PM
Gaurav.jain88

There will be no problem for you if your CGPA = 7.1
Most of the PSU require 55% for General and even less for OBC and SC/ST.
But some PSUs like ISRO will take 65% for their criteria and you are well above it.
If your age is under limit then there will be no problem at all.

Some PSUs also consider gate score card along with CGPA so try to grap it. So it will enhance your chances of getting selected.

28th February 2011, 08:02 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by abinashsahoo89 View Post
sir now i am a 4th yr student of BTech in mech. engg.
my cgpa is 7.1 is it a problem while applying for all kind of PSUs?
any suggestion!!!!
you 7.1 GPA should be good enough.
Refer to college brochure to convert CGPA into percentage.
PSU's demand 60% score in graduation.
There are many government organizations which

conduct on campus recruitment.

like ONCG

NTPC

BHEL

DRDO
there are campus placements going on in several colleges like IIT's ISM NIT's
generally they need you to have minimum 60% score in graduation.

15th March 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

in defense job B.tech 60% means what cgpa ?

15th March 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have an aggregate of 56% in my BE but my 10th and 12th percentage is 82% and 71% respectively. What all public sector companies ca I apply to???

19th March 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

i have a cgpa of 6.99.am i qualified.?

23rd March 2011, 10:31 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
If you listen to me then i would suggest the following -
To apply for government jobs in PSUs the minimum percentage of marks that they ask for is 50%. Some PSUs also ask for 60% marks. In your case, if your CGPA of 7.1 is out of 10 then you can definitely apply to PSUs. Apart from the marks in the graduation, they look for academic consistency.
Thanks.
All the best.

23rd March 2011, 10:34 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
If you listen to me then i would suggest the following -
Thanks.
All the best.

24th March 2011, 12:56 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi Dear friend

If you are interested to get a jobs in PSUs, then you have to scored minimum 60% marks in your B.tech Mechanical, Electrical and in Electronics.

But, if you want to apply for the post of Executive Trainee in PSUs, then you have to scored minimum 65% marks in your B.tech.

So. All PSUs take fresh B.Tech as Graduate Trainees as per their requirement. The selection are based on written test and interview.

The Notification of jobs are published in all leading newspapers, So please read the employment newspapers daily to get more detials regarding PSUs jobs.
thank

9th July 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
galgotia university is established under galgotias university uttar pradesh act no 14 of 2011, is it eligible for govt job after b. tech complition because it has not aicte approval. It has UGC Approval only.

10th July 2011, 04:25 PM
chauhan99

hi dear,

thanks

18th July 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Is Galgotias University is really UGC recognized University ?
Because in www.ugc.ac.in (UGC's website) , there is no name of Galgotias university.
Please reply me truly. Thanx

22nd July 2011, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

i nave secured 6.58 cgpa at btech from bput,orissa.i have one prblem regarding on applying of sail,MT and ECIL,GET POST,where it needed 65% agg marks,where our college does not give any norms to convert cgpa to marks.what shall i do.may i apply or not

24th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

conversion of cgpa into persentage it 10 point grading in deemed university under ugc3

10th August 2011, 11:29 AM
sgsharadgupta

For a btech student most of the public sctor exams require 6.5 as the minimum cgpa criteria and you clear it so cheers!!!

13th September 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

SIR,MY CGPA IS 6.7 IN BTECH IN BPUT,ORISSA THEN IT IS WHAT PERCENTAGE

13th September 2011, 10:51 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,
Government Jobs | Employment News | Govt Jobs | Sarkari Naukri ... and 60% marks (6.75 CGPA) in each Semester/Year of B.E/B.Tech or equivalent. ... will be necessarily required to serve SAMEER, Chennai for a minimum period of five years, ... in Central/ State Government, Autonomous bodies, PSUs may apply through ...
Thanks,

14th September 2011, 12:41 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

Thanks

14th September 2011, 12:42 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

you 7.1 GPA should be good enough.
Refer to college brochure to convert CGPA into percentage.
PSU's demand 60% score in graduation.
There are many government organizations which

conduct on campus recruitment.

like ONCG

NTPC

BHEL

DRDO
there are campus placements going on in several colleges like IIT's ISM NIT's
generally they need you to have minimum 60% score in graduation.
Thanks

14th September 2011, 04:49 PM
Dhanushnayak

Smile Re: Minimum CGPA required in B.tech.to apply for government jobs in PSUs?

For psu's they are asking a percentage of 60 i.e 6.75. As you have 70%
you are eligible.Do well in psu.

14th November 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i have cgpa of 5.3 right nw. im in 7th sem of my degree course rght nw and appearing for its exam (VJTI mumbai, university)...
what is the min cgpa i need to cover for an admission to iit roorkee/ nit surathkal ....
or for a joint m.tech/mpa progm. in iit kharagpur.....
also tell me the CGPA reqd for jobs in navaratna thro' GATE ....
and will u plz tell me any further options tht i have for me.....
plz do reply...

25th November 2011, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

i have below 5o% of marks in 12th but my BE percentage is 78% am i eligible to sit in psus and also in GATE....wheather the psus consider the 12th marks as eligibility criteria....pls give reply.....

20th December 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

view of supreme Court in
campus selection

23rd December 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Bput orissa,6.5 cgpa in btech should be taken as first class degree

29th December 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

any official website which helps me to inform about psu exam dates?please inform me......

7th January 2012, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir

I am a B.E pass out student of E.C.E having 61.2%.My 10th percentage is 68%, 12th percentage is 43%,diploma percentage is 67.4% & I have 1 year back in my diploma 2nd year. could I apply for Gate or any PSU exam? kindly if somebody know anything please inform me in my email id [email protected].

Thank you

13th January 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

how to convert 7.41 cgpa into percentage as per aicte norms

22nd February 2012, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Do we have to score 65% in all semester or avg of all sem??

13th March 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Suppose a student get a fail in any semester.Is it creat any type of problem in govt jobs

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?