17th April 2011, 10:08 PM

Is there any age limit to join as a Lecturer in Government Service after qualifying UGC NET lectureship?

To write Lecturership under UGC-NET, there is no age limit. Likewise, Is there any age limit for joining as Lecturer in GOVT SERVICE after qualifying in UGC-NET Lecturership?

P.V.S. RAO
YANAM

26th April 2011, 06:05 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age limit to join as a Lecturer in Government Service after qualifying UGC NET lectureship?

There is no age limit for a person to take UGC NET exam for the Lectureship program. The UGC NET holders are appointed as lecturers in any Government universities/institutes. The Government appointed commission takes necessary steps for the requirements of the Government Lectures. The minimum age criteria for candidates to apply as a lecturer in any Government college can be 35-39 years. The maximum age limit for applying can be 50years. One can work in the College as a lecturer up to the age of 62. The age criteria can vary from state to state.
19th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any age limit to join as a Lecturer in Government Service after qualifying UGC NET lectureship?

What is the upper age limit to get lecturer post in govt ot aided degree colleges in Karnataka state? could you please give information regarding?
27th July 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Is their any upper age limit to get appointed to Government Jobs after clearning NET exam
27th July 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit to join as a Lecturer in Government Service after qualifying UGC NET lectureship?

Chandru G.K.
Dharwad
30th July 2011, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

if you know answer, please tell, i am 40 years old and also ph.d holder , i am exempted from net because we have completed before 2009, is my age in limit to become a lecturer.
7th August 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

is distance education msc math is elligible at government lectureship job.
16th August 2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Is there any age limit to join as a Lecturer in Government Service after qualifying UGC NET lectureship?

u can join any time before 40
17th August 2011, 12:00 AM
sarikasri

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
There is no age limit for a person to take UGC NET exam for the Lectureship program. The UGC NET holders are appointed as lecturers in any Government universities/institutes. The Government appointed commission takes necessary steps for the requirements of the Government Lectures. The minimum age criteria for candidates to apply as a lecturer in any Government college can be 35-39 years. The maximum age limit for applying can be 50years. One can work in the College as a lecturer up to the age of 62. The age criteria can vary from state to state.
hi

There is no upper age limit for lecturership as such once if ur eligible in net exam then u can join in any college and working as lecturers with afe limit will depends on the university or college as such it is not that age criteria can vary from state to state but it depends upon the college or university as such....
29th December 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

there is no age limit for joining leture in government
29th December 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

i have done my pg from karnatak can i appear set in maharastra
22nd January 2012, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

I have done pg in computer science. What is the upper age limit to join lecturer in A.P. govt. colleges.
15th February 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

please help me with the syllabus of ugc lecturership exam..
26th February 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

I was qualified in State Level Eligibility Test conducted by APCSC in 1995. Am I eligible for appointment of lecturer in Chemistry in any degree college or engineering college? Is the age limit applicable for me?
29th February 2012, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for post of degree lecturer in Karnataka with a PhD ?
12th April 2012, 06:58 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

NET standard for National Eligibility Test. NET exam being conducted by UGC.
This exam will be conducted for the award of Junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.
One should have to score a min of 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.
Age limit:
there is no upper age limit for the candidate Lectureship.
But for JRF, one should be in the age group of 19-28 years.
For updates information visit the site
http://www.ugcnetonline.in
All the best.
6th May 2012, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for NET
31st May 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

I am 43 years old having done B-COM and PGDCA,doing MSC-IT from distance education programme. Am I eligible for appearing in UGC-NET exam. If yes how to apply for the exam
12th February 2013, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Greetings..i am a govt aided HigherSecondary school teacher post graduate with ugc net( O.B.C) & 41 years old, am i eligible for lecturer in govt college kerala?pl guide me.
regards
6th March 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

I have done my post graduation in forensic science.I have qualified UGC -NET in forensic science subject.
Please suggest me for lecturer job in bihar.
7th March 2013, 01:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

No there isn't any age limit regardless of you are applying for the National Eligibility Test or you are applying for lecturer job in central government college. Therefore if you have passed the National Eligibility Test there should be no issue to get the job.

National Eligibility Test is the national level entrance exam for candidates who want to either apply for Junior Research Fellowship or the lectureship. The exam is conducted in June and December, every year.

Eligibility

1. National Eligibility Test is exam where only Indian nationals can apply.

2. Candidate should have post graduation degree.

3. Final year candidates can also apply.

4. But such candidates will need to submit their post graduation degree in 2 years, otherwise they will be disqualified.

5. You must have scored minimum of 55 percent marks.

6. SC/ST need at least 50 percent marks.

7. There is no relaxation for OBC in marks.

8. Your NET subject should be related to PG degree.

9. You can appear for NET as many times as you want.

10. The age limit for candidates applying for JRF is 28 years.

11. Three years relaxation for OBC candidate.

12. Five years relaxation for SC/ST candiadate.

13. Lectureship candidates don't have to worry about upper age limit.
9th March 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I have done M.Sc in Physics in 2003. Now if I apply for NET, and if I get it, is there any validity time limit for this exam results?
12th March 2013, 08:06 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Rao,

The UGC NET Examination is conducted every year two times for the selection of Candidates as Lecturers in Government Colleges as well as in Junior Research Fellowship program.

The Qualifications that you require for this test are :

* Post graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

* Post Graduation with a minimum of 55%$ marks.

* Age Limit :

a) For JRF : 21-28 Years

b) For Lectureship : No Age Limit

* Relaxation of 5% marks is granted to SC/ST Candidates.

* No Relaxation is given in marks to candidates of any other category.

* You must be an Indian Citizen.

* No Bar On the Number Of Attempts for this exam.

So , if you want to join as a lecturer in Government Colleges after qualifying the UGC NET exam , then i just want to tell you that you need not to worry about age limit as there is no requirement of age limit for the post of lecture ship in NET Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
11th December 2013, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

m doing mba in finance from smu shall i elegible for net exam
pls reply on my email id [email protected]
17th December 2013, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

is there any age limit to join as lecturer post in manipur
8th April 2014, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Is there any upper age limit to join as a lecturer in colleges of tripura
12th June 2018, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am 47, now I am studying msc in psychology after b.com, next year i will complete kindly tell me career opertunity after net. Also tell me question papers model. Prasad. Salem tamilnadu.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?