10th June 2016, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

What is the criteria followed for getting job in Merchant Navy?

What is the criteria followed for getting job in Merchant Navy? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can you can answer me as soon as possible. Awaiting for the quick response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  2. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  3. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy?
  4. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
  5. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  6. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy?
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. When to get the application forms for Merchant Navy being a candidate of 12th? Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Merchant Navy?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  11. Important Dates for filling the form for getting a direct job in Merchant Navy after 12th? Eligibility criteria for Corresponding Jobs?
  12. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in industrial electronics
  13. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after graduation if I am 28 years age old?
  14. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical?
  16. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in Industrial electronics
  17. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  18. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
10th June 2016, 01:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria followed for getting job in Merchant Navy?

Criteria for getting job in Merchant Navy:-

For the job in the Merchant Navy you must be a graduate engineering from the Mechanical branch from any of the Government affiliated board like AICTE OR DTE. Also, you must have minimum of 60% marks in your graduation if you fulfill the above criteria, than you are eligible for the job.
10th June 2016, 01:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

There are two ways for you to get job in Merchant Navy:

The candidate who has passed class 12th from non medical stream from recognised board can qualify the entrance exam known as NDA that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year to get job in Merchant Navy after completion of degree.

Secondly is to complete your graduation in engineering field and then you have to qualify the entrance exam to get admission in Merchant Navy.
10th June 2016, 11:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the criteria followed for getting job in Merchant Navy? Can you please guide me with the complete information on the same? It will be helpful if you can you can answer me as soon as possible. Awaiting for the quick response. Thanks!
Those candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board are eligible for Merchant Navy entrance exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?