8th December 2009, 10:40 PM
faz

Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

plz tell me whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination and is there any barrier 4 short highted person........as i m a short highted person........plz reply thanx..........

22nd December 2009, 05:36 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

generally height factor is not considered in any of the institutes during medical exam ...unless and until you are too short.......so dont worry go for it.....height is not a big deal....they will test your blood,urine,pulse,x-rays,etc.......

best of luck
23rd December 2009, 12:24 PM
mukilan

Default Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

no i dont think tat they will see ur height
they will only see to ur eye sight so dont worry
all the best
23rd December 2009, 03:39 PM
balvir

you can find least height limit from the relative merchant navy website............they will check your urine,pulse,eyes,blood,x-rays,etc.........
best of luck
23rd December 2009, 06:17 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm

For all details u can just check at above link given below
14th January 2010, 01:26 PM
ryan
Senior Member+

hi friend,

there is no height related problems in merchant navy,unless you are very short say like 130 cms.

the other tests that are included in medical exam are:

1)x-ray
2)urine and blood test
3)skin related diseases test
4)hearing test
5)eyesight test
15th January 2010, 03:18 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

the most important barrier is color blindness,many people are rejected because of this defect
15th January 2010, 04:10 PM
mathur

No height is not a big issue mainly eyesight, hearing is concern here.
15th February 2010, 04:14 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

yes you should have a minimum height for 5.5 inches. the whole information is there in the prospectus.

different institute have different exams so please specify which exam you want to give.
27th February 2010, 08:55 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend..
i am sorry to tell you that ...height of the candidate will see in the time of medical examination...........
if your height is lower than....5.5 ft........
than you are not eligible...
if your height is above than that...
than you are eligible..
so
good luck.
13th April 2010, 09:24 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

For joining Merchant Navy you must be Medically fit in all respect.

Height is one of the main factor for getting there.

However,height requirement depends upon weight and age.For example if your age is 18 and weight is 50kg then the minimum permisseable height is 160cm.

However,you should have minimum 157cms of height if your weight is 50 kg and age is not more then 20 years.

Best of Luck
14th April 2010, 02:16 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

if your height is less than 5.5 than there may be some problem........other than this there will be a blood test, eye test, ear test and a urine test.......
14th April 2010, 09:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
if you are joing the merchant navy, then you must
be medically fit, yes height is compulasory, your height
is not less than 5'5 ft, otherwise you are not eligible
for merchant navy and you have to clear these medical
tests also like-
blood test
urine test
eye test
heart test etc.

ok
good luck.
30th April 2010, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

4th May 2010, 06:18 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
you dont have to be worried about the height factor......

if you are medically fit then apply for it....if there arises any problem then they will be first one to give you a suggestion as they want you in their fleet.......

best of luck
4th May 2010, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

is good marks in 2 (P C M) any factor
6th May 2010, 02:32 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is good marks in 2 (P C M) any factor
Yes off course dear !

Scoreing good in +2 is of utmost importance, specially when you have to join Merchant Navy.That because competetion is every where and preferance is alway given to superior one.And Merchant Navy is the place where you may also find IITians as your Competetors.

Best of Luck
6th May 2010, 12:29 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
plz tell me whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination and is there any barrier 4 short highted person........as i m a short highted person........plz reply thanx..........
Hi
Given below is the eligibility criteria for medical examination.
The height of the male candidate applying should not be less than 157cm
•Visual Standards: 6/36, 6/36 (correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses).
•The height of the candidate must be in accordance to the weight.
Good luck
7th May 2010, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

what about any drug tests??are there any drug tests??
12th May 2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

white spots over body partis a problem or not please reply
12th May 2010, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i have some small white pathces on my body as well as on upper part of penis but iam totaly fit and taking medicine of it is there any chancefor rejection in medical test
15th May 2010, 02:24 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have some small white pathces on my body as well as on upper part of penis but iam totaly fit and taking medicine of it is there any chancefor rejection in medical test

You wont be selecte in Medical Fitness test.

White patchs is a type of Elergical disease. I dont think you wont be able to get through Medical Fitness test even after curing it.

Best of Luck
15th May 2010, 02:34 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
medical test includes
eyesight test
colour blindness
skin diseases test
urine test
height makes factor
15th May 2010, 06:04 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Hello,
The height doesnt matter just like the navy (Armed force) but there is no medical disabilities and vision problems are allowed. any how the height must be at least from 4.8 to 5.2 inches which is acceptable.
All the Best !!!!
20th May 2010, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i hve only 1 testi...........whtz d chance for me?????????
27th May 2010, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

what about chest and weight
30th May 2010, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

What about If You Were Born With One Kidney ?
31st May 2010, 02:56 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
What about If You Were Born With One Kidney ?

That's an Exceptional Case !

And exceptional cases dont have any specific rules or regulations. However, if so then instead of having One Kidney if you are healthy and fit, then I think you will be allowed for duty.

But I am not sure.
31st May 2010, 04:45 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

dear friend, short height is not a barrier for joining in merchant navy.
But minimum 155cm height is required for merchant navy. & a candidate must be physically fit from color blindness, eye sight, any skin disease etc.

good luck.
1st June 2010, 12:55 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

exceptional cases dont have any specific rules or regulations. However, if so then instead of having One Kidney if you are healthy and fit, then I think you will be allowed for duty.height doesnt matter just like the navy (Armed force) but there is no medical disabilities and vision problems are allowed
1st June 2010, 01:00 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

patchs is a type of Elergical disease. I dont think you wont be able to get through Medical Fitness test even after curing it.
1st June 2010, 11:42 AM
razendra

Quote:
colour blindness is another barrier beside the short-height.minimum height must be 165 cm.
14th June 2010, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

what is there in merchant navy eye test?
17th June 2010, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

are arthritis patient fit for merchant navy???????
18th June 2010, 12:22 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
are arthritis patient fit for merchant navy???????

No, Arthritis is an illness like- Pneumonia/ Astama which can be Controlled but can not be cured. At least in India I dont think there is any treatment which can cure ARTHRITIS.

It can be controlled or treated at just begining, but can not be removed completely.

Ayurved claims that it can cure it, but truth is same can be controlled but not cured.

So, you can not join into Merchant Navy, candidate must be completely fit in all respect.
18th June 2010, 02:42 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

you can check full detail in this site http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm.
and also height is 5.5ft or more .
29th June 2010, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

my lense power is -2.75 of both eyes.no any other problem.can i aplly?
30th June 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

my height is 167cm but my weight is under 50. m i medically fit for merchant navy.
30th June 2010, 10:59 PM
bholag

dear friend,
Short Height is barrier in merchant navy.your height must not be less than 155 cms. medical checkup is to tough.
you eyesight must be good and no color blindness and you must be physically fit.
ypur chest must be expand upto 4 cms.
1st July 2010, 01:35 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
my lense power is -2.75 of both eyes.no any other problem.can i aplly?

Probably not.........!

I dont think so, because -2.75 Dioptre is countable under vision disability.

Quote:
my height is 167cm but my weight is under 50. m i medically fit for merchant navy.
Well, if your weight is in between 45-50 kgs then there will not be any issue.
1st July 2010, 01:40 PM
mathursaab

Height is not a big deal. Mainly they used to see eye sight.
So you can apply for that.
1st July 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

is there any EEG test for merchant navy?can FITS patients able to pass?
5th July 2010, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

what are the other tests that we have pass? as if i am a smoker then will i get chance at merchant navy?
12th July 2010, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

syllabus of physical exam
25th July 2010, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

what about the weight?
27th July 2010, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

hydrosil also check in merchant navy medical examination?????
28th July 2010, 01:02 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Weather it is Merchant Navy or Indian Navy Service (INS), candidate must be medically fit in all respect.

The only differeance between both are that INS has also combat duties so its criteria is slightly tougher then MErchant Navy, other wise every thing is same.

Kindly found the attachment below, which will provide an explainatory account of fitness required.

That was made after deducting some combat side fitness, Means we can considered it as a Perfiect Fitness chart for Merchant Navy which will not only meet the National but International Requirement also.

If any candidate fit in that requirement he will never be disqualified in the ground of Medical weakness.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Merchan Navy Fitness chart.pdf(77.1 KB, 366 views)
28th July 2010, 01:29 PM
sharad3010

hey friend u dont worry height is not considered a big factor there the main concern is with ur eyesight,blood sample urine heart beats rate body x ray u should be physicaly ready to perform tasks.
28th July 2010, 01:37 PM
Rupaksinha

Hello,

Height does't matter in the medical.In fact a short height student also apply for it......so don't worry about the height just go for it.....never think negative always think positive for your career you will get success in life.....ok wishing you good luck......
28th July 2010, 06:43 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

All details of medical fitness as under:

1.Candidate should be medically fit and mentally sound.
2.The height of the male candidate applying should not be less than 157cm
3.Visual Standards: 6/36, 6/36 (correctable to 6/6 in each eye with glasses).
4.The height of the candidate must be in accordance to the weight.

Good luck!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?