23rd July 2012, 12:02 AM
ManojRishi

Will there be any career scope for me if I join M.Tech course after completion of B.Tech in ECE?

Hello Sir/Mam,
I am Manoj. Sir I am pursuing B.tech in ece and i am in final year. Sir I want to go for higher studies.But I am confused in which sector i can go for d same. As I am good in networking,linux, java,.net then I am facing problem to select better option for my better future. Is there any scope of interest if I go for M.tech??

Related Questions:
23rd July 2012, 11:17 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any career scope for me if I join M.Tech course after completion of B.Tech in ECE?

Yes there are very good scope if you go for M.Tech. Higher study is always good for the career. I appreciate your interest that you want to go for higher study. After completion of B.Tech in ECE you may get good job in software field or any core networking field but from there you can improve your job opportunity with your experience but you can not increase your qualification. Qualification is very much important for career. You can get more opportunity if you qualification is higher.

First of all you have to decide you really want to do M.Tech or you want to go for any other master degree study like MBA. For that I will suggest to think one answer about yourself. You are strong in technical subject or not? If your answer is yea then you should go for M.Tech. If you love technical subject and want to work in technical field then go for M.Tech. As you have good knowledge in networking then you may take admission in M.Tech with a networking related subject. I think that will be the best for you.

To take admission in M.Tech appear in GATE examination. If you can crack GATE examination with good score then you will be able to take admission in good institution in M.Tech. You may get chance in IIT also if your GATE score is really very good. GATE score card is valid for two years. If you clear GATE examination this year you will be able to take admission in next year also.

If you find out that now you don't have interest in technical subject then you may go for MBA course. MBA is management study. There is very good scope and job opportunity after MBA. To take admission in MBA appear in MBA entrance examination like CAT, MAT etc.

If you complete your M.Tech then first of all you can join in all the job in which you can join after B.Tech also. Additionally there are few post for which M.Tech candidates are eligible. In some company they offer more salary to the M.Tech candidates than the B.Tech candidates even for the same job. After M.Tech you may also try for job in different PSU. You may also go for P.hd study and after that you may work in research field depending on your interest. You may also join as lecturer in different institution if you want to go for teaching field. Choose your option according to your interest after completion of M.Tech.

Best of luck.
23rd July 2012, 12:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any career scope for me if I join M.Tech course after completion of B.Tech in ECE?

Sure you will find better prospects after completing M.Tech. You can pursue this course right after B.Tech or after gaining work experience. Do prepare for the GATE exam if you plan to join for the course right after B.Tech. You can appear for the 2013 exam if you will have your B.Tech results by the time of joining for the M.Tech course. Online applications should be open by September this year.
1st August 2012, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello..this is pranita..i completed my BE.wnt to know what is the scope and opportunities if I go for ME.
13th May 2013, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir..I am Krishna..i did my btech from ece in 2011..i was searching for jobs as a fresher with little or no good programming knowledge..and now its been 2 yrs.and now my technical skills are not that much good..i really want to excel in my life by doing higher studies..please suggest with what course i have to go..mtech or mba ?? pls respond kindly..thanking u in advance sir..
29th June 2013, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

hello these is dinesh from chennai i have completed my M.E vlsi 2013 pass out .what kind of career i have ? r is there any opportunity for doing my phd ..
15th July 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

I am pusuing mtech(ece) in local college,is there any scope in networking with my mtech,how the oppurtunities in networking?
14th August 2013, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Which M.Tech course can I do after passing B.Tech IT?
5th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

i did btech in ece and passed out in the year 2009. i didnt get good job till now. now i am preparing for gate exam for mtech. please tell me the different job opportunities after mtech except teaching.
15th January 2014, 03:33 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is always an added advantage for the candidates of having masters degree.

So it will be better for you to join M.Tech course after completion of your B.Tech in ECE.

But if you get any good job opportunity in MNC on the basis of your ECE course, then better join the job and then you can opt for M.Tech course in distance learning.

The reason why I am suggesting like this is, with in the 2 years of time that will take to complete M.Tech course, you will gain hands on work experience in the industry.

Industry will also give much importance in recruiting the candidates who are having experience.

In order to join M.Tech course, you have to crack GATE Exam.

This exam is being conducted by various IIMs to give admission for M.Tech in various colleges.

All the candidates who have completed Graduation or who are pursuing final year of Graduation in Engineering are eligible to apply for this Exam.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam. You can take this exam as many times as you wanted.

GATE score card is valid for a period of 2 years.

In addition, there are some state level Entrance Exams are there like PGCET to get admission for M.Tech course.

Wish you all the best.
15th May 2014, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I've just passed B.Tech in ECE. I would like to go for M.Tech. Pls help me to choose a good subject for doing M.Tech. Which subject will have better scope?
4th July 2014, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

i did my BE in ece i want to do my ME but i did not do well in gate . is there scopes if i go for ME in private colleges ?
10th December 2014, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir plz tell me i have 58.6 percentage in b.tech and 75 percentage in m.tech now in which field i can apply
25th April 2015, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

I've completed btech in ece. After that for 4years I'm doing job and has no contact with engineering subjects. Now I want to study for gate and do mtech from iit/nit. Will there be any future prospect after doing mtech as I'll turn 30 while I complete masters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?