28th January 2016, 08:03 AM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for females in UPSC prelims exams?

My name is D.S. prathyusha. I was born on december 8, 1994.I am studying B.Sc. final year with the subjects biotechnology, biochemistry and chemistry. I wish to write the upsc preliminary exam for Indian Administrative Services. Now I am 19 years old. So kindly guide me regarding the criteria for females in the prelims examination?

28th January 2016, 09:55 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria for females in UPSC prelims exams?

Eligibility Criteria Required for UPSC Prelims Examination:

You are not eligible to appear in UPSC Prelims Examination with the present age. So I suggest you to follow the below instructions carefully regarding the eligibility criteria. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Civil Services Preliminary Examination is "Degree of a Recognized University" or its equivalent. or Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination. However, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with the detailed Application form for Civil Services (Main) Examination or UPSC Main Examination. The minimum age required for appearing in UPSC Prelims is "21 years".

Minimum Age - 21 years (A on 01st August of the year of Exam)

Maximum Age - 30 years

As minimum of 21 years are required, you need to wait for 2 more years in order to be eligible. So I suggest you to first complete Graduation, there after get coaching from a best Civil Services Institute to prepare well for examination. You can then apply for Civil Services Prelims by the time you get 21 years.
28th January 2016, 10:26 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My name is D.S. prathyusha. I was born on december 8, 1994.I am studying B.Sc. final year with the subjects biotechnology, biochemistry and chemistry. I wish to write the upsc preliminary exam for Indian Administrative Services. Now I am 19 years old. So kindly guide me regarding the criteria for females in the prelims examination?
Since, you are 19 years old students, hence you are not eligible for the UPSC Civil Service exam. You must reach at least 21 years to be eligible for the UPSC Civil Service. So, please wait for few more years and utilizes that a few years for IAS exam preparation. Go through the previous year question paper, which available in the official website of the UPSC (www.upsc.gov.in)

Civil Service Exam Eligibility Criteria:

- You must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognized university and those who are appearing in the final year Graduation may also eligible to apply.

- You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination and upper age relaxation will be given to reserved category students.

So, If you reached 21 years, then definitely you are eligible to apply for Civil Service examination.
28th January 2016, 12:54 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

As, you born on 8th December 1994, then you are more than 22 years old now.

So, if you are 22 years old and in final year of bachelor degree, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation or in final year from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Main and Interview and candidate have to qualify in all these stages for final selection.

So, as according to your D.O.B you are eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
28th January 2016, 02:32 PM
Detection

Smile Re: What is the criteria for females in UPSC prelims exams?

How do I apply for UPSC exam and what are the terms and conditions and qualification to apply the same.
28th January 2016, 04:58 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You want to write UPSC preliminary exam which is also known as CSAT exam. You are just 19 years old.

**I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the exam at this age limit. As the age limit for UPSC Preliminary exam is 21 to 32 years. Relaxation in maximum age limit is given to reserved category students. There is no relaxation in the minimum age limit for any student.

**You have still two years for getting eligible for the exam. So in my opinion, you have to start your preparation in the meanwhile. For this you have to:

>>Focus more on General studies

>>join any good coaching institute for the preparation

>>Go through the previous year paper and try to solve it and prepare it accordingly.
28th January 2016, 07:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You just need graduation in any stream from a recognized university to become eligible for UPSC prelims exams. There is age limit which is 21 to 32 years got both male and females.

At the moment 19 years is not enough to make you eligible for UPSC civil services prelims even if you have graduation qualification.
28th January 2016, 07:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests it is not an examination rather it is a commission that conducts several examinations for recruitment in Central government jobs.

Generally, UPSC examinations are used at the place of Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officers. Also the examination includes of three stages which are known as Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination, the basic qualifications which one must have are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category otherwise age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree course or must be opting the final year of same degree course with any stream from a recognized university.

Now as you have mentioned that you were born on 8th December 1994 then you are over 21 years old at present but you also have mentioned that you are 19 years old at present. So there is confusion on your actual age at present. So for your eligibility you can match your qualifications with above mentioned eligibility criteria and see whether you are eligible or not at present.

For more details about the same examination you must refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in or www.upscexam.com.
28th January 2016, 09:17 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam for male and female is same. The requirements to appear for the IAS exam is given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate's age should be in the range of 21-35 years.

* Candidates should possess bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidates who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.

Therefore, you are eligible for the IAS entrance exam conducted by the UPSC.
28th January 2016, 09:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
As per your age criteria, you are not eligible for UPSC Preliminary exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for UPSC Preliminary exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
28th January 2016, 11:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for females, kindly have a look at it;

> Candidate should be a citizen of India.

> Candidate should have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.

> Minimum age of the candidate should not be below 21 years and the maximum age should not exceed 32 years, however relaxation is provided in certain cases according to the reserved category norms.

The number of attempts allowed is set at;

6 for general candidates

9 for OBC candidates

Unlimited number of attempts for SC/ST candidate.
29th January 2016, 12:19 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
The eligibility to attend UPSC Preliminary Examination is a pass in graduation degree from a recognised university like B.A or B.Com or B.Sc etc. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The Civil Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview. The aspirant has to apply online for the examination. There are many coaching classes available in the major cities of India. The UPSC website link is given here for your reference http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th April 2016, 11:26 PM
barunk198

For UPSC prelim examination all candidates must have passed out graduation degree in any stream from recognized university .The candidates should have minimum age of 21 years & maximum age is 32 years for general catagory but some relaxation in age for special catagory such as 35 years for OBC & 37 years for ST/SC candidates .
Candidates should be an indian with its citizenship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?