24th June 2016, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D degree after completion of MCA course?

Hello,

I have completed my mca degree i want to do phd degree in computer science can u tell the details about how/where i ll do phd ? Am I eligible to do? What is the minimum criteria needed to do the course? Can you please guide me with the details?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Physics in part time without completion of master's degree?
  2. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  3. Distance MCA degree holder is eligible for PhD or not?
  4. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  5. In which filed I should do PhD after completion of MCA? Detailed information, syllabus and list of entrance exams?
  6. Career Prospects after completion of MCA course? Which courses I can join after completion of MCA course? Am I eligible for Government Jobs after completion of MCA course? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to apply for PhD after completion of BBA and MBA in distance mode? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in IIT or NIT after completion of MCA with 76 percentage marks?
  9. Am I eligible to do Ph.D degree after completion of MCA course?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  11. Am I eligible to do MCA in IIT after completion of bachelors degree in distance mode?
  12. Eligibility criteria for PhD in Mathematics after MCA?
  13. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA?
  14. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  15. After MCA can I do PhD in Computer Science or I will have to do research first?
  16. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?
  17. Which stream I can opt for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  18. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D after completion of MCA?
24th June 2016, 10:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D degree after completion of MCA course?

If you have got MCA degree with at least 55% marks then surely you will be eligible for Ph.D admission in the same field. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks.

Admission will be based on the performance in written entrance exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. Hence, just wait for admission notification and apply according to it.
25th June 2016, 09:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

I have completed my mca degree i want to do phd degree in computer science can u tell the details about how/where i ll do phd ? Am I eligible to do? What is the minimum criteria needed to do the course? Can you please guide me with the details?
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree computer science or computer application or its equivalent with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET score card.

You can apply for UGC NET exam through given link http://cbsenet.nic.in/cms/public/home.aspx
25th June 2016, 03:09 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,

Yes, you are eligible to do PhD after the completion of MCA course.
The eligibility to do PhD in Computer Science is a MCA with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognised university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission to do PhD. Those who cleared GATE/NET/SET/M Phil are exempted from entrance test conducted by the university.
The aspirant can contact the university computer science department for more details regarding the guide availability. The institutions offering PhD in Computer Science after MCA is given below;
CMR Institute of Technology - Official Website
IGNOU - Official Website
IIIT, Hyderabad - Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?