7th July 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?

hello
please let me know can i do
phd in astronomy after
msc astronomy in IIT?
and how can i do?
please reply soon

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  2. Which are the polytechnic colleges offering part time diploma in instrument technology?
  3. How to get admission in M.ed programme?
  4. Duration of PhD and fees at IIT-B?
  5. Which is more preferable for doing PhD in astronomy and astrophysics, either B.Sc(physics hons) or B.Sc(physical science)?
  6. Best colleges in India offering MSc in Space Physics?
  7. Am I eligible for giving JRF NET December exam after doing B.Tech biotech?
  8. PhD or Post graduation in Astronomy and Astrophysics is possible after B.Tech?
  9. In which entrance exam to appear for Integrated PhD in IISER? Eligibility criteria and top most coaching for the entrance exam?
  10. Can I get admission for MSc in Astronomy in IISc Bangalore on the basis of BCS degree?
  11. How may I do Ph.D course in Mathematics? I'm studing in 12th standard
  12. Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?
  13. PhD from CMJ University is valid or not?
  14. Eligibility criteria for ph.d program in marketing? I have done MBA in marketing -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to become an Astronaut?
  16. When the application forms of DU, IP, DTU and IIT will be published for Ph.D in Computer Science programme? Syllabus of Ph.D in Computer Science programme?
  17. How and when can I apply for Ph.D programme in Loyola? What is the fee structure for the full time course? Is there any entrance exam available to get into Ph.D?
  18. Procedure of admission for PhD programme in IISC and financial support?
21st September 2014, 12:52 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in IIT for Ph.D in Astronomy programme?

You have to clear exams like GATE/NET to get admission into Ph.D course of Astronomy subject from top institutes like IITs. These reputed Institutes prefer those candidates which qualify this exam. Also you must have a good academics record with at least 55% marks in Master's degree. You need qualification in below mentioned subject.

You must have a Master's Degree in Physics / Applied Mathematics / Astronomy / Computer Science or a Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or technology with adequate background in physics and mathematics.

There is another entrance exam which is JEST (Joint Entrance Screening Test) for admission into Ph.D course. You can apply for this test also after completion of your Master's degree.

The top Astronomy colleges that offer Ph.D on the basis of JEST are listed below:

1. Harish Chandra Research Institute (Formerly Mehta Research Institute of Mathematics & Mathematical Physics)

2. Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore

3. Institute of Physics (IOP), Bhubhaneswar

4. Institute for Plasma Research (IPR), Gandhinagar

5. Inter-University Centre for Astronomy & Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune

6. Inter-University Consortium for DAE Facilities (IUC-DAEF), Indore

7. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore

8. National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore

9. National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Pune

10. Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad

11. Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore

12. S N Bose Centre for Basic Natural Sciences (SNBNCBS), Kolkata

13. The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc.), Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?