25th August 2016, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Are non maths 10+2 students eligible for MCA after completion of BCA?

I am biology student in 10+2. I have no maths subject. Now I am pursuing BCA. I am willing to do MCA for my better future but recently I have heard non maths students are not eligible to do MCA but BCA course have maths and stats as one of the subjects. Is non maths students are eligible for MCA or not? I am waiting for better answer.

26th August 2016, 12:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are non maths 10+2 students eligible for MCA after completion of BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am biology student in 10+2. I have no maths subject. Now I am pursuing BCA. I am willing to do MCA for my better future but recently I have heard non maths students are not eligible to do MCA but BCA course have maths and stats as one of the subjects. Is non maths students are eligible for MCA or not? I am waiting for better answer.
You are eligible to do MCA course. Because you are pursuing BCA degree.

Those who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks tare eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics/Computer Science subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
26th August 2016, 09:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are non maths 10+2 students eligible for MCA after completion of BCA?

To be eligible to pursue MCA course, you should have completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Applications (BCA) or in any other discipline and you should have studied Mathematics subject at 12th standard or at Graduate level. Since, you have studied Mathematics subject in your Graduation from a recognized university, you are eligible to pursue MCA course.
26th August 2016, 10:04 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MCA even after completion of 12th Class from biology stream. The basic educational qualification is as follows. The main criteria required for doing MCA course is BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course from a recognized university.

As there is no such issue with stream in 12th Class, you are certainly eligible to pursue MCA course. MCA course can be done after successful completion of Graduation. After successful completion of the course, you may find employment opportunities in top Multi National Companies if you are good at Programming Languages.
9th December 2016, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Are non maths 10 2 students eligible for MCA after completion of BCA?

Sir I am studying in 12th science stream with informatics (no maths ). Can I do BCA?
4th March 2017, 03:53 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Are non maths 10 2 students eligible for MCA after completion of BCA?

Sir i am completed my bca but not maths in 12 class can i eligible to mca ?
5th April 2017, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done PGDCA from CEDTI and MSc-IT from PTU after completing B.A. in geography and economics. Can I take admission in MCA as I don't have maths in graduation .
2nd October 2019, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

Sir I study 12th arts iam study MCA , but no commerce ,maths, sir so I have study MCA
5th May 2020, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

am biology student in 10 2. I have no maths subject. Now I am pursuing BCA from BIT Mesra...am i eligible for NIMCET???
7th May 2020, 11:11 PM
khushi chhabra

As we know maths is an optional subject in 12th grade but if you are planning to go for mca after completing bca(without having maths in 12th grade) then you are at wrong track because mca requires math and without maths you won't be able to get into top universities such as du,jnu,ropar.

Best wishes
all the best for your future....
12th May 2020, 09:32 PM
fnoosis

You are eligible to do MCA course. Because you are pursuing BCA degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?