28th October 2015, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

How marks are calculated for 10th standard in CBSE board?

How marks are calculated for 10th standard in CBSE board? Is there a grade system or so? Can you please let me know the format which is followed in the CBSE board for 10th standard? Is it good to join in CBSE board or not? Looking forward to get the suggestion.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  2. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  3. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  4. Would my daughter be able to appear for 10th class CBSE from Army or KV when her DOB is 16/11/2011?
  5. Eligibility for appearing in Xth CBSE exams of 2015?
  6. Is it possible to get Gujarat board school admission in class 11th after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
  7. In which board should I take admission after 10th MP Board or CBSE? Will there be any affect on marks in CBSE board?
  8. Possibility to migrate from ISC Board to 12th CBSE for 11th student?
  9. Whether a 15 years old candidate appear in 10th CBSE Board examination?
  10. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  11. Age required for admission in LKG standard of CBSE school? Will there be problem in 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it beneficial to study 11th in CBSE Board for 10th UP Board candidate?
  13. After 10th exams from which board should I do 11th, MP Board or CBSE board?
  14. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and MP Board to study Higher Secondary?
  15. 10th standard CBSE board results?
  16. Which one should choose between CBSE and State board for further studies after scoring 78% marks in 10th CBSE board?
  17. Will I be able to secure 95% in 12th CBSE if secured 87.69% in 10th UP State Board?
  18. CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
30th October 2015, 10:50 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: How marks are calculated for 10th standard in CBSE board?

CBSE provides grades up to 10th standard as CGPA.
CGPA stands for Cumulative Grade Points Average.
To get original marks , students need to multiply the obtained CGPA by 9.5 as rule of CBSE but it seems contradictory.
In 10th standard , whole syllabus is divided into two semesters whose examinations are conducted in the month of September and March.
Also, there will be 4 formative examination to be conducted by the schools.
All semester examinations are of 90 marks and remaining 10 marks on the basis of performance in formative examinations.

Final result of the student is prepared in such way that it contain 30% weightage of marks obtained in 1st semester and 10% of marks on basis of formative and remaining 60% marks on the basis of marks obtained in final or 2nd semester examination.
Formative examinations also include performance of students in co-scholastic activities as well as students behavior with teachers and friends.
So, it has become very important to perform better in every aspect to get high grade points.
30th October 2015, 07:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CBSE Class 10th is divided into two semesters and each of the two semesters includes two formative assessment and one summative assessment. The overall weightage of each semester is 50% which includes 10% weightage for each formative assessment and 30% for summative assessment.

Also, results of CBSE Class 10th follows the grading system and the performance is indicated in the form of CGPA ( Cumulative Grade Point Average ).

As per the grading pattern followed, A 1 represents CGPA greater than 9, A 2 represents CGPA less than equal to 9 but greater than 8, B 1 represents CGPA less than equal to 8 but greater than 7, similar pattern is followed till E 1 representing CGPA greater than 3 and less than equal to 4 and CGPA lower than 3 is used to represent a fail candidature.

Also for having an idea of approximate marks secured one can multiply CGPA secured by him/her by 9.5.

For further details about the marking pattern, syllabus for different classes and other necessary information related to CBSE you can log on to its official link i.e; www.cbse.nic.in.
31st October 2015, 01:48 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

10th class marks calculated on the basis of CGPA.
Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) is the average of Grade Points obtained in all the subjects (excluding additional 6th subject) as per Scheme of Studies.
Though the CGPA will mentioned on your results but if you wants to calculate your CGPA, you must do it as following:

Sum of all the Grade Points (GP) of each subject must be divided by 5.
For e.g., suppose the GP for- Subject 1 is 9, Subject 2 is 9, Subject 3 is 8, Subject 4 is 10 and Subject 5 is 7.5
Then the sum of GPs will be: 9+9+8+10+7.5=43.5.
Dividing 43.5 by 5, we get 8.7 which is your CGPA.

If you needs to find overall indicative percentage of marks, simply multiply CGPA with 9.5. (9.5xCGPA)
For eg., 9.5x8.7=82.65
31st October 2015, 12:56 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Marks in 10th standard board is calculated by CGPA. CGPA stands for Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) is the average of Grade Points obtained in all the subjects (excluding additional 6th subject) as per Scheme of Studies.

Yes CBSE is one of the reputed board in india. It is a central board and it is acceptable in all colleges and other higher educational institutes. You will never face any difficulties with this board in future. Taking CBSE board is a profitable decision for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?