Admission procedure in ISM Dhanbad
Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, which is better known as ISM Dhanbad is one of the reputed institutions under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. ISM Dhanbad is the only institution in the country that offers courses related to Mining, Petroleum, Mining Machinery, Mineral engineering and Earth Sciences etc. Admissions to various programmes are based on the scores obtained by candidates in national level entrance exams.
Courses offered in ISM Dhanbad
The university conducts four years Bachelor of Technology programme in various subjects such as Mining Engineering / Petroleum Engineering / Mining Machinery Engineering / Environmental Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering etc. Apart from these courses, it conducts five year dual degree programmes in Engineering as well as five year integrated M.Sc programme in Applied Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics and Computing and Applied Geophysics etc. Post graduate programmes such as Master of Technology, Master of Business Administration and Master of Science are offered in various disciplines. The university offers M.Phil programme in mining related subjects.
Admission Procedure in ISM Dhanbad
Admission procedure for under graduate programmes - Admission to the under graduate courses in ISM Dhanbad is based on the composite scores obtained by the candidates in IIT Joint Entrance Examination (IITJEE). Final selection of the candidates will be based on the performance and ranking after the final interview.
Admission procedure for Post graduate programmes - Applicants seeking admission for M.Tech programmes are required to apply online through the official website of the University. Candidates having a minimum first class in their qualifying examination along with a valid GATE score are eligible to apply. Candidates should obtain their qualifying degree from institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE. Mathematics as a subject in higher secondary level is essential for admission to M. Tech Programme. Non GATE candidates can also apply for M.Tech Programmes of this University.
ISM shall carry out the admission process for non GATE candidates by conducting All India Entrance Examination followed by counselling. The admission to M.Tech for GATE qualified candidates will be held through counselling. The university considers CAT score for the admission to its MBA programmes.
Admission procedure for M. Phil Programme - Candidates of all categories are required to obtain a minimum of 55% (without rounding off) marks or equivalent grade in aggregate for the qualifying degree. The admission to M.Phil for NET qualified candidates will be held through counselling and/or interview to be held at ISM. Candidates without NET will have to write All India Entrance Examination conducted by ISM for admission process.
- B.Tech Course in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- ISM Dhanbad, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Deputy Registrar, Assistant Registrar, ISM University
- Fee structure of Petroleum Engineering
- Assistant Professors (SC, ST, OBC & PH candidates), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Contact Details and Address of Indian School Of Mines-Dhanbad
- Senior Technical Assistant, Technical Assistant, Indian School of Mines
- Courses offered in Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Engineering Colleges in Jharkhand and Entrance Exams
- List of Top colleges in Jharkhand
- MBA Colleges in Dhanbad
- Contact Details and Address of ISM, Dhanbad
- Eligibility criteria for M.Tech Courses in ISM Dhanbad
- Details on MBA Course in ISM
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Jharkhand