16th January 2016, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Tech degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Hi,

I have done my mech. Engg. diploma but i have one back paper in 4th sem. Of the Diploma.can i do the b-tech degree.? Can someone please provide me the right information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer on this.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  3. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  4. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  5. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  7. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to do B.Tech degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible for Mechanical Engineering course after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  10. Possibility of doing degree instead of engineering after completion of diploma in Mechanical branch
  11. Is it necessary to do graduation after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. What is the procedure followed to get educational loan right after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  14. Am I eligible to do any masters degree after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  15. Am I eligible for the position of SI after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a candidate with an age of 22 years?
  16. What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. What should I do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  18. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
16th January 2016, 05:57 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

* No you are not eligible to do B.Tech degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering if you have one backlog in Diploma degree.

* My suggestion to you is that you can first clear your BACKLOG in diploma degree then you are eligible for B.TECH degree.
16th January 2016, 07:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to do B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering even if you have one back paper in 4th semester of Diploma course. But, at the time of applying for admission in B.Tech course, you must have to clear that backlog subject else, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech course. So, I suggest you to clear your backlog subject as soon as possible, so, that you are eligible to do B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
16th January 2016, 07:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for admission through entrance exam and provisional admission will be allotted on the basis of NOC. Your admission will be invalid if you fail to clear the back paper.

Hence, if you are sure that you will pass the back paper as soon as possible then you can surely apply for admission through lateral entry exam.
16th January 2016, 08:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

I have done my mech. Engg. diploma but i have one back paper in 4th sem. Of the Diploma.can i do the b-tech degree.? Can someone please provide me the right information on the same as soon as possible? Awaiting for the answer on this.
Sorry it is not possible for you to get admission to B.Tech degree with pending backlog. You need to clear that Pending backlog to be eligible for B.Tech course. Once, after completing the Diploma course you can do B.Tech through lateral entry. By joining through lateral entry you can directly join in 2nd year B.Tech course. Admission will be based on either merit or entrance test.

- Calicut University,
Official website - www.universityofcalicut.info/.

- Thapar University,
Official website - www.thapar.edu

Most of the reputed colleges may conduct allot admission through Lateral Entry exams like Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive exam, etc. Please, contact college official website.
16th January 2016, 10:20 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot apply for B.Tech without passing diploma course.

You are not eligible to apply for engineering course having one backlog in last semester.

The candidate must have to be passed his/ her diploma and must have qualified the entrance examination to avail admission in any of the engineering college.
16th January 2016, 10:22 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

If you have cleared you backlog then you are eligible for B.Tech course through lateral entry exam.

The eligibility qualification for the lateral entry exam:-

(i)Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.

(ii)Candidate should have passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.

By qualifying LEET examination, you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
16th January 2016, 10:45 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to pursue B.tech course from any recognised university with backlog in diploma course.

To get admission in B.tech course candidates have to qualify in LEET examination and eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed diploma from any recognised university.

Candidate must not have backlog in any of the paper and have scored minimum 60% aggregate.

Candidates need to qualify in LEET examination for admission in b.tech course, the examination is conducted by various university.
16th January 2016, 11:43 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

Yes you are eligible for B.Tech degree after the completion of 3 year diploma course in mechanical engineering. There is a system called lateral entry for the admission to the B.Tech course for the diploma holders. You have to appear for an entrance examination (LEET) for the admission to the course. The candidate will be admitted directly to the 2nd year of the B.Tech course. The aspirant has to contact the college for more details.
30th January 2016, 10:54 PM
Chocolate_boy

No, candidate with backlogs in diploma is not eligible for B.Tech.

Eligibility for B.Tech after diploma says that only those candidates are eligible who have not any backlogs in diploma.

To join B.Tech, you must be clear your backlog subject.
So, clear your backlog subject and then apply for B.Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?