26th August 2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

What is the best option after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same? List me down the best courses which can be picked right after completion of diploma course. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  2. What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  3. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  4. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  5. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  7. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  8. What is the procedure to apply for RTO Sub Inspector exam after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Is it necessary to do graduation after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. How to do B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Which subject to choose for polytechnic course?
  12. What is the future course to take after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. How to get admission in 2nd year Aeronautical after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Can I do BS in Mechanical abroad after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US, UK and Australia after completion of Diploma with Mechanical stream? List of universities offering this course in these countries?
  16. Is it possible to opt for Veterinary science after completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to join B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering in AP after completion of mechanical engineering?
  18. What should I do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
26th August 2015, 05:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

The best option after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering is pursuing B.tech or B.E in Mechanical engineering. This is because the job scope after graduation in mechanical engineering is quite vast and you are well versed with the fundamentals of the course. So you can excel in this field. However, you can opt for other discipline courses which also have good demand if you are no more interested in your domain. Courses like BCA, BBA, Fashion Designing, Mass Communication, Health and Fitness are in good demand.
26th August 2015, 06:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

You can pursue your higher studies or you can also do job based upon your interest after completion of your three years Diploma course. To get admission in B.E/B.Tech course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
26th August 2015, 08:22 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

List of Courses available to pursue after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering:

>> Choose B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering

>> Undergoing for Short Term Courses Training

>> Search for Government or Private Sector Jobs

There are 3 majors ways to buildup your career to find good job opportunities. As far as my knowledge is concerned, the best course I would suggest you to go with is "Bachelor of Technology or Engineering in Mechanical Engineering" course. So after successful completion of B.Tech you may find very good job opportunities both in Government Sector organization or Private Sector Organizations. You may find employment opportunities in,

>> Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)

>> NTPC

>> Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)

>> Defense Research and Development Organization

>> L&T

>> Cummins

>> ONGC

>> HPCL

>> Siemens

>> Tata Motors ..
27th August 2015, 02:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the best option after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? Can someone please guide me with the information on the same? List me down the best courses which can be picked right after completion of diploma course. Thanks!
After completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can do B.Tech degree course through Lateral Entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
27th August 2015, 08:40 PM
DSP@1

As you are a Diploma student the best option after your diploma will be B.Tech.

In B.Tech also if you opt for the Mechanical course then you will get good knowledge about the subject and there will be better opportunities after you complete your graduation.

To join in B.Tech first you have to complete your Diploma course without any backlogs then you have to appear for the entrance test conducted by your state education board.

If you qualify this test with good score then you will go to graduation course through Lateral Entry Scheme.That means actually B.Tech course will be for 4 years but for Diploma students who got admission through Lateral Entry they can join directly in 2nd year by skipping 1st year,so for you it will be only for 3 years.

If you are not interested in B.Tech then you can go for other graduation courses like
B.Sc.,
B.Com,
B.A. etc.,
30th April 2019, 12:54 PM
preethipg

Hi,
Once you completed your diploma course you can choose either lateral entry to BE/BTech or any other degree courses such as B.Sc, B.Com, BBA,BCA,BA etc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?