11th January 2016, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile engineering?

I am studying diploma in automobile engg . I would like to study aeronautical engg after completing diploma.so is it possible to take b-tech in aeronautical engg after completing diploma in automobile ? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing B.E.(Automobile Engineering)? List of universities offering admission with scholarship?
  2. Am I eligible to do B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile?
  3. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  4. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  5. Diploma in Automobile engineering can do B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering? Colleges in India for doing so?
  6. Any chance of Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering?
  7. Can I apply for Diploma in Automobile or Aeronautical Engineering if passed diploma in Mechanical Engineering from MSBTE?
  8. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  9. Which options of branches are available for B.E. after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  10. Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in Computer Science?
  11. Am I eligible to become a RTO after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  12. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  13. How to become an Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in Automobile Engineering? Which trade is required to become an Aeronautical Engineering?
  14. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  17. How to join Automobile Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  18. List of branches in diploma which are in demand?
12th January 2016, 12:54 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile engineering?

No, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of your Diploma in Automobile Engineering as you should have opted for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering so as to pursue your B.Tech afterwards.
12th January 2016, 12:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying diploma in automobile engg . I would like to study aeronautical engg after completing diploma.so is it possible to take b-tech in aeronautical engg after completing diploma in automobile ? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?

Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for Aeronautical Engineering course because you have completed diploma course in Automobile engineering.

Those candidates who have completed diploma in Aeronautical Engineering from a recognized university are eligible for B.E/B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
12th January 2016, 09:15 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot switch to Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering if planning for lateral entry scheme. This is because Aeronautical engineering and Automobile engineering are completely different fields and engineering colleges will not allow this kind of switching of branches through lateral entry. However, you can start freshly aeronautical engineering degree course and complete your B.Tech in the field of Aeronautical Engineering.
12th January 2016, 10:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to take B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Automobile Engineering. Only candidates who have completed three years Diploma course in Aeronautical Engineering are eligible to get Lateral Entry admission in second year of four years B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering course. So, being a Diploma holder in Automobile Engineering course, you are not eligible to get admission in B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering course.
12th January 2016, 11:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Automobile Engineering. The eligibility is a pass in three year diploma in engineering or equivalent degree. The candidate will be admitted directly to the 2nd year of the B.Tech course. Some of the universities conduct entrance examinations separately for the diploma holders or they use entrance examinations like the Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry (JELET), Diploma to Degree Entrance Competitive Examination etc. The aspirant can find the course in many universities like,

- Manav Rachna International University - http://mriu.edu.in/courses/b-tech-ae...l-engineering/

- Manipal University - http://manipal.edu/mit/programs/prog...ral-entry.html

- Anna University - http://www.tndte.com/Lateral_Entry_2..._Admission.pdf
15th October 2019, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I am studying Diploma in Automobile Engineering. After completion of this diploma i'm interested to do Aeronautical Engineering. So am I eligible to do so ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?