10th September 2015, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?

Sir,
I am studying Diploma in Automobile Engineering final year. After my Diploma can I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering course in IIT? Kindly let me know about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do B.E. in Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering? How can I get loan to study that course?
  2. Merits and Demerits to study Automobile Engineering Diploma on 10th basis? Scope of Automobile Engineering Diploma?
  3. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  4. Can I study M.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing B.E.(Automobile Engineering)? List of universities offering admission with scholarship?
  5. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  6. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Automobile Engineering) if pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. Diploma in Automobile engineering can do B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering? Colleges in India for doing so?
  8. List of colleges for PG programs in Automobile Engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to join in any automobile core company while n final year Automobile engineering?
  10. Any chance of Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering?
  11. How to do diploma in Automobile engineering after passing ITI Automobile(2 years course)?
  12. which is better to study engineering through diploma in poly technic or totake MPC in Inter
  13. Which is better to take mechanical or automobile engineering? Which is better to study diploma or to take MPC in Inter?
  14. Which one is better after completing diploma in engineering, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering?
  15. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Aeronautical/Automobile Engineering) in UK being a 11th student?
  16. List of universities which offer B.E.(Automobile Engineering) in Abroad to a Diploma student?
  17. Procedure to join Aeronautical Engineering after final year diploma course?
  18. Can ECE diploma students get in Aeronautical Engineering? Is MHT CET the only way to get into Aeronautical Engineering?
13th September 2015, 09:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am studying Diploma in Automobile Engineering final year. After my Diploma can I eligible to join Aeronautical Engineering course in IIT? Kindly let me know about this asap.
No, after completion of diploma in Automobile Engineering you can not get admission in B.E/B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. But you can do B.E/B.Tech in Automobile Engineering through lateral entry exam.

The eligibility qualification for the lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.
14th September 2015, 08:40 PM
DSP@1

Default Re: Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?

I am sorry that you are not eligible for doing graduation course in IIT.

Because to be eligible for IIT candidate must have his/her 12th standard from recognized board with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.And the candidate age must be between 17-25 years.

As you have done Diploma it will not include Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry subjects so you are not eligible for getting admission in IIT for complete your graduation course.

If you want to complete your graduation course in IIT then you have to join intermediate first and then have to complete it with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.

After completing your intermediate apply for 'JEE MAINS' and after qualifying in that test apply for "JEE ADVANCE" here you have to qualify the test then only you will get seat in IIT.
15th September 2015, 01:13 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You are not eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after the completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering.
The Lateral Entry Program is not there in IIT so you are not eligible for any course in IIT after the completion of your Diploma.
So you need to pursue your B.Tech from any college where there is Lateral Entry Program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?