31st October 2015, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile?

Am I eligible to do B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile? What is the minimum eligibility criteria for doing B.Tech Aeronautical course? Can you please guide me in this with the complete information soon?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing B.E.(Automobile Engineering)? List of universities offering admission with scholarship?
  2. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  3. Am I eligible to become a RTO after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  4. Can I apply for Diploma in Automobile or Aeronautical Engineering if passed diploma in Mechanical Engineering from MSBTE?
  5. Diploma in Automobile engineering can do B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering? Colleges in India for doing so?
  6. Which options of branches are available for B.E. after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  7. Any chance of Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  9. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  10. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  11. How can I do B.E. in Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering? How can I get loan to study that course?
  12. How to become an Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in Automobile Engineering? Which trade is required to become an Aeronautical Engineering?
  13. What's the expected fee structure for pursuing B.Tech in automobile engineering from Germany after completion of my diploma?
  14. How to take admission in B.Tech in automobile engineering after completing diploma from Mechanical Engineering
  15. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after passing diploma in Electronics with 60%?
  16. How to join Automobile Engineering after completion of Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  17. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Merits and Demerits to study Automobile Engineering Diploma on 10th basis? Scope of Automobile Engineering Diploma?
31st October 2015, 08:05 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile?

To apply for Aeronautical Engineering you should have to do completing diploma in Aeronautical Engineering.

Eligibility Criteria:- You should have passed 12th in physics,chemistry & maths or diploma in Aeronautical Engineering .

You must have to clear entrance exam such as JEE Mains,JEE Advanced,AIEEE,EAMCET etc.

After appearing these entrance exam you can get admission in B.Tech easily.

Age doesn't really matter.
31st October 2015, 08:44 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do B.Tech Aeronautical engineering after completion of diploma in automobile? What is the minimum eligibility criteria for doing B.Tech Aeronautical course? Can you please guide me in this with the complete information soon?

Thanks!
Yes you are eligible to pursue B.Tech in aeronautical engineering.
  • In order to pursue B.E./B.Tech in aeronautical engineering you need to qualify the higher secondary examination with not less than 50 percent of marks. Physics, chemistry and mathematics should be your compulsory subjects at 10+2 level.
  • There are a list of entrance exams that can be given to pursue this course, namely, IIT, AIEEE, IIA Entrance Exam, SLIET Entrance Exam, IISAT Admission Test, HITSEE etc.
  • Apart from the above mentioned exams you can also give various state level entrance exams for which you have to score just 45% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics.
  • Jobs will be available in the aircraft-manufacturing units, defence service and Indian Space Research Organisation. You can easily look for jobs in big organizations like organizations such as Hindustan Aeronautical Ltd, Defense Research and Development Laboratories, National Aeronautical Lab, Aeronautical Development Establishment and so on.
Top Colleges offering this course:-
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
  • Bengal Engineering and Science University, Howrah
  • Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science, Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
31st October 2015, 10:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!
No, diploma in Automobile Engineering candidates are not eligible for B.Tech/B.E in Aeronautical Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed diploma in aeronautical engineering from a recognized university are eligible for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

Your age should be above 17 years.
31st October 2015, 10:10 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible to apply for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering course if you are diploma holder of Automobile course.

There is no such Diploma course for Aeronautical Engineering in many Diploma Institutes. So, Mechanical Engineering and Automobile Engineering degree is acceptable to pursue Aeronautical Engineering for Lateral Entry.

You must have at least 45% in Diploma to get admission in Engineering college.

However, in some reputed engineering colleges the percentage may rise upto 50%-55%.

There are many reputed Aeronautical Engineering colleges spread nationwide.

Note that you cannot take admission into IITs, NITs on the basis of Diploma degree.

Some of them are listed below:
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai
  • Bangalore Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Bangalore
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
  • Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
  • Indian Institute of Technology Chennai
  • Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore
  • Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
  • Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
  • Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth (Deemed)University, (Rajasthan)
  • Hindustan Electronics Academy,Bangalore
  • Institute of Aviation Technology, Haryana
  • Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna
  • Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
  • Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
  • Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, Ranchi.
  • Mohammad Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai.
  • Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
  • Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology
  • Anna University, Chennai
  • Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bangalore
  • Park College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, (Tamil Nadu)
  • School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi
  • VSM Aerospace, Chelekere Village (Near Kammanahalli), Bangalore
31st October 2015, 10:23 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No sir you are not allowed to get admission in Aeronautical engineering as you completed diploma in Automobile. You can get admission in automobile engineering. By using LEET entry scheme you will get admission in 2nd year directly.

LEET test is consist of two parts i.e. General Exam & Professional Exam.
In General exam they will ask questions related to subjects like Maths, English, Social Science, etc.
In Professional exam questions will be asked from your relevant trade.
31st October 2015, 11:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You must have done diploma in aeronautical engineering in order to do bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering. You can not do bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering with diploma in automobile engineering.

You are eligible for the automobile engineering with diploma in automobile engineering. You can apply for the LEET exam for bachelor's degree if you have 60% or more in diploma.
31st October 2015, 11:33 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering right after completion of diploma in automobile. But to get admission in good colleges you need to give some entrance exams which was being held state wide and national wide.

So you have to attend for either of the exams. Then based on the score you will get admission for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering with Diploma in Automobile.
31st October 2015, 11:55 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holders can do bachelor of technology in discipline in which the candidate has done diploma.

You can not do B.Tech in streams other than diploma streams. Hence you can only do bachelor of technology in automobile engineering. Apply for the LEET exam if you have 60% or more for direct admission in second year of engineering.
1st November 2015, 04:06 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Automobile engineering is one of the most convincing and challenging career option. Automobile engineering primarily deals with maintenance, designing, developing, manufacturing, testing etc. of the automobiles.

# You are not eligible for B.Tech. in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Automobile Engineering. Only diploma holder in aeronautical engineering can go for B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering).

# You are hereby advised to go for Bachelor in Automobile Engineering after completion of diploma in automobile engineering.

# For this, you are advised to go for Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (LEET) after completion of diploma in automobile engineering.

# The required eligibility conditions for Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (LEET) are:

* Must possess the diploma from a recognised institute or university.
* Must not have any backlog left in diploma course.
* Must have obtained at least 60% marks in diploma course.
* Must not have crossed the age of 28 years.

# After successful completion of Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (LEET), candidates are allotted engineering college as per their performance and score in the above said examination. Higher the marks obtained by the candidate more reputed engineering college offered to the candidate.

# Followings are the specializations available in the automobile engineering:

* Aerodynamics
* Engine Systems
* Fluid Mechanics
* Emission Control
* Thermodynamics
* Fuel Technology and Control
* Electronics and Control Systems
* Rapid Prototyping
* Alternative Fuel
* Computer Based Systems and Electronics

# Followings are the names of few engineering colleges for automobile engineering are:

* A.D. Patel Institute of Technology, Anand, Gujarat
* Aalim Muhammad Salegh Polytechnic College, Chennai
* Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
* Ahmedabad Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad
* Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kottayam, Kerala
* A.S.M.R Institute of Technology and Management, Mathura
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?