20th May 2014, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Is AMIE accepted in USA for higher studies?

I have completed my civil engineering degree equivalent through AMIE after regular diploma.
Can i get admission in USA for Mtech.Does AMIE degree is valid in US.

26th May 2014, 06:13 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is AMIE accepted in USA for higher studies?

Hie friend, You have said that you are have completed your Engineering degree in civil engineering through AMIE. The AMIE is the Associate Member of The Institution of Engineers India.The IEI, Kolkata conducts this examination, the passing of which will enable you to be an AMIE. A pass in both Sections A & B is recognised as equivalent to the Engineering Degree.

So as per your information you must have cleared both the sections and are an engineering graduate. So now you want to pursue the Masters in engineering from a foreign university and want to check for the eligibility state. So let me tell you that you are eligible now for studying The masters degree in engineering in selected 24 institutions throughout the world which recognise the AMIE degree as engineering equivalent degree.

The such institutions are tied up with IEI, Kolkata having bilateral relationship with those institutes and from among these institutes some are located in the country of your choice that is United States of America. So now you can be happy that you are eligible and also can Study in the USA for your Masters degree with your existing qualifications. All the best.
28th October 2014, 07:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir...i had completed my diploma. Now i am doing job but i also want to continue my studies. So amie is good or part time classes from dtu is better. Please suggest me.
30th December 2017, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in New York city after completing my mechanical engineering from AMIE?
16th June 2019, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

HI sir i'm currently working in singapore. I have completed my chemical engineering degree equivalent through AMIE after regular diploma. Can i get admission in Singapore for Mtech. Does AMIE degree is valid in Singapore.
5th July 2020, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

How many credits does AMIE equivalent to in US system?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?