25th February 2018, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

B.E. or B.Tech, which is better to study after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

I am in Diploma in Civil Engineering. I am studying in final semester. I want to know what is better for me? What can I choose B.E. or B.Tech? Can you suggest me please.

5th March 2018, 10:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.E. or B.Tech, which is better to study after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

B.E stands for Bachelor of Engineering and B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology. Both B.E and B.Tech are four years Bachelor's degree courses and candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to pursue B.E/ B.Tech course. There is no difference between B.E and B.Tech course. Both B.E and B.Tech courses are same, you can get admission in B.E/ B.Tech Civil Engineering course through lateral entry admissions after completion of your Diploma in Civil Engineering course.
7th March 2018, 08:11 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.E. or B.Tech, which is better to study after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

There is no much difference between Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Technology course. You may pursue any one of these B.E/ B.Tech in Civil Engineering after successful completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. You may find equivalent job as well as career opportunities after completion of studies in Civil Engineering course. If you still have doubt between these courses, you may pursue B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completion of 3 year Diploma in Civil Engineering course.

You may find job opportunities in some of the companies namely GMR Group, Jaiprakash Associates, DLF, Jaypee Group, Gammon India Ltd, IVRCL Infrastructure and Projects Ltd, Nagarjuna Construction Company, Larsen and Toubro, Nircon Engineering Consultants, Simplex Projects Ltd, Hindustan Construction Company, RDS Projects Ltd..etc.,

If you still interested, you may even pursue Master of Technology after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering course. Some of the streams available in M.Tech are, Structural Engineering, Geo-Technical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Water Resource Engineering..etc.,
7th March 2018, 03:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in Diploma in Civil Engineering. I am studying in final semester. I want to know what is better for me? What can I choose B.E. or B.Tech? Can you suggest me please.

Both the BE and BTech courses are good courses only. Candidates can choose any one of them after completion of Diploma in Civil Engineering. Candidates can apply for BE or BTech in Civil Engineering after completion of diploma in the same discipline. They are admitted to the second year of the BE or BTech course through lateral entry admission. They have to appear for a lateral entry entrance examination for the admission. The job prospects also same for both BE and BTech courses. Candidates can find jobs in government or private organizations with a BE or BTech in Civil Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?