27th March 2017, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

B.Tech after diploma or B.Tech after 12th? Which is better to do after 10th standard?

I will complete my 12th this year. Is it good to do B.Tech right now, or can i do a diploma,then B.Tech. I have heard that students who completed 12th can get lateral entry to diploma also with a diploma I can get a lateral entry to B.Tech.
which is preferable?

27th March 2017, 07:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech after diploma or B.Tech after 12th? Which is better to do after 10th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will complete my 12th this year. Is it good to do B.Tech right now, or can i do a diploma,then B.Tech. I have heard that students who completed 12th can get lateral entry to diploma also with a diploma I can get a lateral entry to B.Tech.
which is preferable?
It is always advisable to study 12th and then B.Tech course than a B.Tech after diploma course. The aspirant can join Class XI with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects and should score very good marks in the class XII examinations to get admission in top engineering colleges. This is the regular engineering course. The course duration will be four years full time after 10+2. The students who have studied diploma are admitted to the B.Tech course in the second year. The B.Tech lateral entry duration is three years only. Number of seats available for the diploma holders in B.Tech admission is less; the competition is very high. So the direct route of 10+2 and B.Tech is better for 10th students.
27th March 2017, 09:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech after diploma or B.Tech after 12th? Which is better to do after 10th standard?

Yes, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in Diploma course after completion of your 12th standard from a recognized board and after completion of Diploma course, you can get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course. Since, you have passed 12th standard, instred of pursuing Diploma course, it is best pursue B.Tech course.
27th March 2017, 10:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Personally I would really like to suggest you to take admission in BTech directly after your 12th standard. It is not good for you to firstly pursue Diploma and then after your Bachelor in technology and then after master in technology it would be really a wastage of time. So you have to take admission in BTech course directly after 12th standard not in diploma. And to pursue government seat you have to qualify the entrance exam that is known as a Joint Entrance Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?