13th April 2023, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma passout student get admission in first year engineering without MH-CET entrance exam

I am diploma passout from govt polytechnic aurangabad... I want to take admission in first year engineering...but I have not applied For CET entrance exam... So can i get admission on the basis of diploma passout %..?

26th May 2023, 05:04 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can diploma passout student get admission in first year engineering without MH-CET entrance exam

The admission requirements for engineering courses vary depending on the country, region, and the specific policies of the educational institutions. In general, most engineering colleges and universities require candidates to appear for entrance exams as part of the admission process.

However, some institutes may have provisions for lateral entry or direct admission into the second year of an engineering program for diploma passout students. This pathway is often referred to as "Diploma to Degree" or "D2D" admission.

To be eligible for direct admission to the first year of engineering without appearing for the entrance exam, you would need to meet the specific criteria set by the institution. These criteria may include:

1. Completion of a relevant diploma program: You would typically need to have completed a diploma in a related field of engineering, such as civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc.

2. Meeting the minimum academic requirements: You would need to meet the minimum academic criteria set by the institution, such as a certain percentage or grade point average (GPA) in your diploma program.

3. Available seats and competition: The availability of direct admission seats and the competition for those seats can vary from institution to institution. It's important to check with the specific colleges or universities you are interested in to understand their policies and processes.

It's worth noting that while direct admission to the second year can save you a year of study, it is important to carefully evaluate the curriculum and ensure that you have a solid foundation in the subjects covered in the first year of engineering. This will help you succeed in the subsequent years of the program.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?