10th January 2023, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Can diploma students write IIT exam irrespective to lateral entry

sir i had completed my diploma after qulifiying the enterance exam can i get the LATERAL ENTRY to 2nd year

14th January 2023, 09:41 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can diploma students write IIT exam irrespective to lateral entry

No, you cannot apply for admission in IIT through lateral entry. You are eligible to get admission in IIT only after qualifying in JEE.

JEE is conducted in two stages. The two stages are Main and Advanced. You are eligible to get admission in 1st year of the course after qualifying in both stages of examination.
15th January 2023, 10:48 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can write JEE and eligibile to get admission in IITs in B.Tech course but only in the first year of the B.Tech course.

You are not eligible for lateral entry in 2nd year of the course. JEE is conducted in two stages Main and Advanced stage. You will have to clear both stages to make it to IITs.
15th January 2023, 07:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IIT is Indian Institute of Technology and it is a premier institute for technical course in India.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in IIT on the basis of JEE and there is no lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

So, you will become eligible for admission in 1st year that to after qualifying in both stages of JEE.
16th January 2023, 06:02 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can write JEE and after qualifying in both stages of the examination eligible for admission in IITs but in first year of B.Tech course.

You are not eligible to get admission in second year of B.Tech course in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?