21st November 2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for B.Sc or other graduation course after 3 years Diploma?

I have completed my 3 years diploma this year.
Can I Apply for B.Sc. Or other graduation.
Is diploma equal to 12th?

Related Questions:
22nd November 2014, 08:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Sc or other graduation course after 3 years Diploma?

No, you cannot apply for B.Sc or other Bachelor degree courses except B.E./ B.Tech course after completion of Diploma course. But, you can apply for B.E/ B.Tech course by appearing for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). LEET is mainly conducted for students who wish to get admission in B.Tech course after completion of Diploma course. Based on your entrance exam rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college. By qualifying LEET examination, you can directly get admission in Second year of four years B.Tech course. No, Diploma is not equivalent to 12th standard, the Diploma course has higher value than 12th standard.
22nd November 2014, 11:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for B.Sc or other graduation course after 3 years Diploma?

Yes, surely you can apply for admission in B.Sc course for your stream and you can get lateral entry admission through a entrance examination. Many Universities conduct the entrance exam for giving admission to Diploma Engineering holders through lateral entry entrance test. You can get admission in 2nd year of the Bachelor course of the same stream that you have studied in your Diploma.

Therefore, be prepared for the entrance exam, so that you can get admission in a reputed college for your Bachelor degree course.

You also have option to join course like AMIE on the basis of your Diploma in Engineering. You will have clear advantage over 10+2 candidates if you opt for AMIE course. You have to clear 13 subjects only in AMIE course compared to 10+2 candidates who have to clear 19 subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?