18th February 2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army with arrears in Mechanical Diploma?

Hello Sir,
I am having arrears in my Diploma course. My dream is to join Indian Army. I have done my Diploma with Mechanical stream. Kindly tell me can I join Indian Army?

19th February 2016, 10:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army with arrears in Mechanical Diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am having arrears in my Diploma course. My dream is to join Indian Army. I have done my Diploma with Mechanical stream. Kindly tell me can I join Indian Army?
After completion of diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can apply for Indian Army through NDA exam. But you can apply for technical section only.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks
19th February 2016, 08:15 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army after diploma degree. To join Indian Army candidates have to appear in NDA or CDS examination.

The eligibility to appear for NDA examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board and age limit must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

To appear for CDS examination the required eligibility is candidate must have passed graduation degree from recognised university.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination after pursuing graduation course. For more information about NDA or CDS examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
20th February 2016, 12:15 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should have completed your +2 level of education from a recognized Institute in order to be eligible to appear for NDA or CDS examination. Your age should be in between 16.5-19.5 years. Therefore, in your case you are not eligible to appear for the examination as you have not completed your 12th class.
20th February 2016, 12:54 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for NDA or CDS entrance examination as you have not appeared for your 12th board examination, however below I have mentioned the eligibility required to0 join Indian Army;

ELIGIBILITY:

> Candidate should have completed his 12th standard from a recognized university.

> Age limit for this exam should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.

> Candidate should be a citizen of India.

> Only unmarried male candidates are applicable

SELECTION PROCESS:

> Written exam

> Interview

> Medical test
6th August 2019, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

I am jaganathan i have finished B.E but having some backlog my age is 24... Is it possible to join Indian army ... Or any other post in Indian army
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?