17th August 2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Is Computer Science different from Computer Engineering for Diploma aspirant?

Dear All,
My brother is appearing in 10th Board exam. He want to do Diploma in Computer Science. Please tell me that Computer Science and Computer Engineering both are different? Please reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  2. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  3. Which is the best course to do in Diploma?
  4. Detailed information about Computer related diploma courses for 10th student? List of colleges which offers 3 years full time Diploma course?
  5. What can be done after diploma in computer science and engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which course or certification should I do after doing B.E CSE?
  7. Can I do M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of Diploma in CSE?
  8. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Computer Science if having 2 years of work experience being a 10th passed candidate?
  10. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  11. After completing ITI Mechanical Electronics which are the courses offered?
  12. Is a AICTE approved diploma an easy route to B.E. or B.Tech or should I opt for regular 12th course? Difference between Diploma in IT,Computer Engineering and Computer Science?
  13. Should I join Engineering Diploma course to study B.Tech if didn't take Science in 12th standard?
  14. Can I do B.Tech in computer science and engineering after completing 3 years diploma in computer engineering
  15. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  16. Which colleges I can get admission to study 12th externally after 10th standard?
  17. How many years will it take to complete polytechnic course after passing 10+2?
  18. Detailed information and specializations available to study in Polytechnic course?
22nd August 2015, 03:27 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is Computer Science different from Computer Engineering for Diploma aspirant?

Computer Science Engineering is different from the course of Computer Science Hons course.
The difference between these two courses is also huge.
One of the courses is practical based and the other is theory based.
So if your brother wants to do Engineering in Computer Science then he can join Diploma in Computer Science Engineering.
If he wishes to join Computer Science Hons then he needs to appear for the Class 12 Board Examination.
22nd August 2015, 09:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Computer Science different from Computer Engineering for Diploma aspirant?

Diploma in computer science engineering is a 3 year duration course while any other diploma in computer science will be around 1 year duration which is just a basic course.

If your brother wants to become a software engineer then diploma in computer science engineering is a better option. If you go for any other course in computers then you will have limited options.
25th August 2015, 07:18 PM
DSP@1

Yes, you are eligible to do Computer Science and Engineering in your graduation after doing Computer Engineering in your diploma.

In Diploma there will be no separate course by name Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Engineering is the only which will be considered as CSE.

The courses which you are eligible to do in your graduation after doing your diploma in Computer Engineering are as follows.

-Computer Science and Engineering,
-Computer Science and Systems Engineering,
-Electronics and Computer Engineering,
-Information Technology.

As Computer Science and Engineering is mentioned in the list you are eligible to do that stream in your graduation.
2nd July 2019, 05:37 AM
Unregistered

What will your diploma say after completing 4 year degree in computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?