27th December 2013, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for ME after PG Diploma?

I have a minor doubt and confusion that Post diploma is eligible for studing ME? I mean I can study ME after having the pg diploma degree?

4th January 2014, 10:53 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for ME after PG Diploma?

No, you are not eligible to apply for M.E after completing PG diploma. To apply for M.E course, the candidate should have a completed B.E from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. If you are completed than you are eligible otherwise you are not eligible to apply.

Being PG diploma candidate are not eligible to apply for M.E course. M.E i.e Master of Engineering and the course is divided into 4 semester and duration of course is 2 years. To get admission into M.E course, the candidate need to crack the entrance examination. To apply for entrance examination, the candidate should have a completed B.E from a recognized university and must secure at least 60% Marks (55% Marks for reserved categories). Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

M.E Entrance Examinations :-

-->> TANCET
-->> GATE
-->> JNU
5th January 2014, 09:41 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Friend Yes you are eligible for doing the ME degree but there is one condition you must have done any degree to apply for the ME course otherwise you are not eligible for doing the ME course.

The basic qualification of the ME course is graduation and one candidate who have minimum qualiication of the graduation degree can apply for the same ME course.

Also that one need to have minimum of 50% marks in his graduation to do the ME course.

So if you have the any degree with at least of 50% marks and there is nothing like to have post graduate diploma. As I think first you have done degree and after that you have done Post graduate diploma.

So according to my thinking you have already done some degree so you are eligible to apply for the ME course.

So if you have the graduation in any stream with at least of 50% marks then surely you are eligible to do the ME course. Hope this information help you.
5th January 2014, 03:28 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

If you have done degree of 3 years then you can apply for the ME otherwise i am sorry you will be not eligible for the ME.

ME is a good course and is beneficial for you and it is related to your field. And After Degree it is best to do Masters after that you can apply for the job in many companies related to your field. and you can also apply for the job in universities or colleges for the lecturer. And there you will get good salary package also.

So, I think if you don't have done degree then first so degree after that you can apply for the ME and then you can also apply for the MBA course it is also a good course and it is a professional course.

It is also 2 years course and it has good scope. Now a days most of the students prefer this course for their career but if you have done BE then it is best to do ME otherwise it is also good to do MBA.

There is lot of scope in this field. It is a management course. And it has many fields in it so you can apply for that course which is related to your field.

And both are good courses you can choose any of them both are good courses. Both are 2 years course and have good scopes.
22nd October 2020, 08:15 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

recognized 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering. Any educational qualifications equivalent to the above, are also eligible to apply for AMIE. Those who pursue AMIE after their Diploma course are usually known as Diploma Stream Students (Senior Technician members).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?