25th January 2015, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering for 12th Commerce student?

Dear sir,
i have completed my 12th with commerece
i want to do diploma course in civil
kindly tell me I am eligible or not?
i have good marks in 10th and 12th both.....

26th January 2015, 07:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering for 12th Commerce student?

10th is the minimum qualification required for getting admission in a Diploma course. Therefore, you can surely apply for any Polytechnic Entrance exam and if you perform well then you will definitely get admission in a top college.

It doesn't matter whether you have done 12th with commerce or any other stream because admission will be purely on the basis of your 10th class. Hence, don't worry and be prepared for the Polytechnic entrance exam. Excellent rank in the entrance exam will only get you admission in a Government Polytechnic.
11th April 2015, 05:54 PM
kunalroy89

Default Re: Eligibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering for 12th Commerce student?

You will get admission in Diploma on basis of 10th not 12th. So your stream in 12th does not matter.
But if you have good marks in 12th then why do you need to go backwards and then completely change your field of study thereby wasting 2years of your academic life?Commerce stream also have plenty of options for the good students.
Although it is fairly your choice about your career but it would be advisable not to waste your 2years.
13th April 2015, 08:33 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir,
i have completed my 12th with commerece
i want to do diploma course in civil
kindly tell me I am eligible or not?
i have good marks in 10th and 12th both.....
Diplamo admission is made on the basis of 10th marks and not on 12th marks.

After 12th class, you can directly enroll for B.E/B.Tech course.

I do not know the reason of your joining the diploma course after completing 12th class. It is actually a waste of time and energy. Personally, I would advice you to take up Engineering course after 12th class.

Few entrance exams are

>>JEE
>>AIEEE
>>CUCET
>>CUSAT
>>OJEE
>>EAMCET
>>WBJEE

etc.,

Since, you are a commerce student, you can apply for foundation levels in C.A or C.S or B.Com
15th April 2015, 11:26 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

Yes, you can get admission in Diploma course after your 12th with commerce.
First I inform you that a 10th class passed student can also get admission in Diploma course.
To get admission in Diploma course you have to appear in entrance exam for Diploma course as like ...
1).JEXPO
2).DCECE
3). CET
etc.
Note:-You have to score good rank in entrance exam to get admission in good college.
20th May 2016, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir my cl.10 marks is not good but i have got excellent marks in 12th. So can i join civil engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?