4th August 2012, 05:22 PM
laxmi chhetri

Can a commerce student do Civil Engineering

dear sir/madam
i want to ask you that can be do civil Eng . with the subject of commerce in 12th class.please suggest us.

Related Questions:
  1. Can a commerce student join Civil Engineering? Which are the colleges best for me? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  3. Types of exams and qualifications for Civil Engineering Student?
  4. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  5. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  6. Can I join Civil Engineering after passing 12th commerce with 77%?
  7. What is the correct way to pursue M.S in Civil Engineering from Germany? I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering Final year student
  8. Which are the coaching institutes in Chennai providing coaching in commerce? I am a 3rd year B.Com student
  9. Is it possible for commerce student to take software engineering?
  10. Engineering related courses available for 12th Commerce student?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Civil Engineering if completed 12th Commerce?
  12. Information about BSc course in civil engineering in AMIE? I am a student of diploma in civil engineering
  13. Detailed information about the entrance exam to study correspondence Civil Engineering Diploma course for Commerce graduate who has work experience in Civil field?
  14. Eligibility to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering for 12th Commerce student?
  15. Is there any job that I can go for which is related to Civil Engineering? I am a 3rd year B.Tech Civil student
  16. How to pursue correspondence in M.Tech for civil engineering?
  17. What should I do to prepare for IAS exam? I am a Civil Engineering student
  18. Can a Commerce student study Public Administration at PG level? -- [New]
9th November 2012, 06:38 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a commerce student do Civil Engineering

No, to pursue Civil Engineering you must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in class 10+2. You were in commerce stream hence, it is understood that you did not had the required major subjects.

Though for your information i would like to inform you that you can pursue class 12 examination from NIOS National Institute of Open Schooling in distance and then apply for engineering entrance exam. Once you clear the entrance exam you can apply for admission in B.Tech civil engineering program.
9th November 2012, 06:40 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

No, to pursue Civil Engineering you must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in class 10+2. You were in commerce stream hence, it is understood that you did not had the required major subjects.

Though for your information i would like to inform you that you can pursue class 12 examination from NIOS National Institute of Open Schooling in distance and then apply for engineering entrance exam. Once you clear the entrance exam you can apply for admission in B.Tech civil engineering program.
16th November 2012, 06:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry friend commerce student can not apply for graduation in civil engineering after 10+2.

For doing graduation in civil engineering you should complete your 10+2 with physics , chemistry and maths .

Admission is based on the performance in the entrance exam conducted . If you get good rank then you will get a good college.

You can apply for entrance exams like AIEEE, IITJEE and various state level exams.

But you are from commerce field hence you are not eligible for graduation in engineering.

You can go for polytechnic diploma in engineering on the basis of 10th class. For diploma in engineering 10th class is needed hence you will be eligible for it.
13th February 2014, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

I AM Student of Class 12th Commerce Can I Do Chemical Engineering. HOW Can I DO It
4th May 2015, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

I want to keep my professional options open and thus have a broad spectrum of qualification. I am pursuing commerce in my 10 2. However, can I also simultaneously pursue Physics, Chemistry & Biology through NIOS. Will my parallel pursuit enable me to take up engineering/ medical subsequently if I so wish?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?