13th April 2023, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

How Diploma engineer can join IIT or NIT?

Sir, I am final year diploma architecture student and I want to join iit's or nit's after passing diploma. Which entrance exam I should write to get admission to iit's or nit's. Please inform me sir .

14th April 2023, 07:52 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How Diploma engineer can join IIT or NIT?

Being a diploma degree holder you are eligible for taking admission only in IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) to pursue B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. degree course as NITs and other CFTIs does not allow diploma holders for admission to B.E./B.Tech.

Also, the admission process to IITs and syllabus for JEE will be same for diploma holders as it is for regular Class 12th passed student.

For complete details regarding JEE Main, you can refer to the link https://jeemain.nta.nic.in while for details regarding JEE Advanced, you can refer to the link www.jeeadv.ac.in.
14th April 2023, 11:06 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Admission In IIT After Diploma: IITs do not accept diploma holders right into their second year of B. Tech or B.E, as other colleges do. In general, diploma holders who wish to pursue engineering at an IIT must take JEE Main and JEE Advanced and obtain a good score in order to be admitted to a top IIT institute.
15th April 2023, 12:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

To get into IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), diploma in engineering degree holders also have to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination).

Further, for making to IITs, a candidate has to qualify both the stages of JEE i.e; JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

Also, I would like to mention here that diploma in engineering degree holders are not eligible to seek admission in B.E./B.Tech. at all NITs and all CFTIs other than IITs.
15th April 2023, 03:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, lateral entry in IITs, NITs after diploma course. To get the admission in IITs and NITs you have to appear and qualify in IIT JEE.

NITs does not offer admission to diploma holder. NTA conducts entrance examination for admission in IIT.
15th April 2023, 04:28 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

In general, candidates who are diploma holders and want admission in IITs for pursuing engineering to have to give JEE Main and JEE Advanced and get a high score to get top IIT college. Students are advised to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly to get an idea of the requirements of the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?