14th May 2023, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

I passed my 10th board Exam and jus now i am in 1st year of diploma mechanical engineering after finishing M.E. i want to do aeronautical Engineering From very first only, i want to go for aeronautical, but my problem is tht..,tht after 10th we can't go for diploma Aero engineering and i dont want to do 11th and 12th so i choose this field as M.E. is evergreen field. Please show me the right n correct way to do Aeronautical Engr...
thanks a lot..,
with regards..,
Maharshi Pathak

15th May 2023, 12:22 PM
Muskan 0786
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get admission in Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

To get admission in Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering first candidates must have pursue BTech and then head to a Master's in a specialization.

Minimum marks required in 12th is 55%marks.
15th May 2023, 04:09 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

How to get admission in Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

The basic eligibility criteria for aeronautical engineering is minimum 50-55% marks in aggregate in PCM in Class 12. Aeronautical Engineering is offered by many engineering colleges in India. Admission criteria for Aeronautical Engineers are JEE Main and JEE Advanced scores.
15th May 2023, 05:25 PM
Msdhoni02

1. For admission in Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, basic eligibility criteria is PCM in Class 12.

2. For admission in top engineering colleges of India, one must obtain a good rank in JEE mains and JEE advanced.

3. For getting a license in Aircraft maintenance engineering, clearing exams under DGCA is important.
15th May 2023, 06:57 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you typically need to follow these steps:

1. Research the requirements:-
Check the admission requirements of the universities or colleges offering Aeronautical Engineering programs.

2. Meet the eligibility criteria:-
You meet the minimum eligibility criteria set by the institutions. This may include completing the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum GPA, having relevant coursework, or specific work experience.

3. Prepare for entrance exams:-
Some universities may require you to take entrance exams, such as the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) or institution-specific exams.

4. Apply to universities:-
Complete the application process for the universities or colleges offering Aeronautical Engineering programs. Submit your application along with required documents, such as academic transcripts, entrance exam scores, recommendation letters, and a statement of purpose.

5. Highlight relevant experience:-
Emphasize any relevant experience or projects you have completed during your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

6. Consider bridging programs: Some institutions offer bridging programs specifically designed for Diploma holders to transition into Bachelor's degree programs.

7. Attend interviews (if required):-
Some universities may conduct interviews to assess your suitability for the Aeronautical Engineering program.

8. Accept an offer and enroll: Once you receive admission offers from institutions, carefully evaluate your options and choose the program that best aligns with your goals and interests.
15th May 2023, 07:59 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

You can choose to pursue a B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after earning your mechanical engineering diploma. The option of lateral admission into the Engineering program is available to diploma holders. It indicates that you will be admitted to the second year of the B.Tech program. This is referred to as lateral entry.

In India, almost all engineering institutes set aside a certain number of seats for diploma candidates seeking direct lateral entry.
15th May 2023, 08:39 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Aeronautical Engineering after completing a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, you can follow these steps:

1. Research Aeronautical Engineering Programs: Start by researching universities or colleges that offer Aeronautical Engineering programs. Look for institutions that provide admissions to diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering.

2. Check Admission Requirements: Review the admission requirements of the Aeronautical Engineering programs you are interested in. Each institution may have specific eligibility criteria. Typically, they require a certain minimum percentage or grade in your diploma program.

3. Meet Prerequisite Courses: Some Aeronautical Engineering programs may have prerequisite courses that you need to complete before admission. These courses could include subjects like physics, mathematics, and basic engineering principles. If you haven't covered these subjects in your diploma program, you may need to take additional courses or bridge programs to meet the prerequisites.

4. Prepare Required Documents: Gather the necessary documents for the application process. This may include your diploma certificate, transcripts, identity proof, letters of recommendation, statement of purpose, and any other documents specified by the institution.

5. Entrance Examinations: Some institutions may require you to take entrance examinations such as the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Prepare for these exams by studying the relevant syllabus and practicing with previous years' question papers.

6. Apply for Admission: Once you have identified the institutions you want to apply to and have prepared the necessary documents, submit your application through the designated application process. Pay attention to application deadlines and ensure that all required information is provided accurately.

7. Personal Interview or Counseling: Some institutions may conduct personal interviews or counseling sessions as part of the admission process. Prepare for these by researching common interview questions and practicing your responses.

8. Consider Transfer of Credits: If your diploma program covered relevant courses, you may be eligible for transfer of credits. Inquire with the institution about the possibility of transferring credits, as this can shorten the duration of your Aeronautical Engineering program.

9. Financial Aid and Scholarships: Explore financial aid options and scholarships that are available for Aeronautical Engineering students. Many institutions and organizations offer scholarships based on academic merit, financial need, or specific criteria related to the field.

10. Stay Updated and Follow Up: Keep track of the application deadlines and stay updated with the admission process. Follow up with the institution if required and respond promptly to any communication from them.
15th May 2023, 09:51 PM
Shantanubose22

Once you complete the diploma in Mechanical Engineering you can opt for B. Tech in Aeronautical Engineering.

>> The diploma holders are given the option to get lateral entry in the Engineering course. What does it means is that you will get admission in the second year of B. Tech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?