18th July 2023, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I am in diploma computer engineering 2nd year so which exam i am supposed to give?

I am in diploma computer engineering 2nd year so which exam i am supposed to give.. to get admission in IIT?

30th July 2023, 12:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I am in diploma computer engineering 2nd year so which exam i am supposed to give?

To get admission to IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) for pursuing B.Tech./B.E. degree course a candidate is required to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) held by NTA. JEE comprises of two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced and for getting admission in IIT one is required to qualify both stages.

So, being a student of 2nd year of a Diploma in Computer Engineering degree course, you can appear in JEE while pursuing the final year of your diploma in engineering degree course.

For complete details regarding JEE, you can refer to the link https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/ and https://www.jeeadv.ac.in/.
31st July 2023, 07:04 AM
4700BC

Default Re: I am in diploma computer engineering 2nd year so which exam i am supposed to give?

There are two exams you can give to get admission in IIT if you are in diploma computer engineering 2nd year:
  • JEE Main: JEE Main is a national-level entrance exam for engineering admissions in India. You can give JEE Main in the January or April session. If you score well in JEE Main, you will be eligible to apply for admission to IITs.

• JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is a national-level entrance exam for admission to the top engineering colleges in India, including the IITs. You can give JEE Advanced only if you qualify JEE Main.[COLOR=var(--bard-color-on-surface-variant)][/COLOR]

The eligibility criteria for JEE Main and JEE Advanced are as follows:
  • JEE Main:
    • You must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
    • You must have a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2.
  • JEE Advanced:
    • You must have qualified JEE Main.
    • You must have a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2.
The syllabus for JEE Main and JEE Advanced covers Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The level of difficulty of the syllabus is higher for JEE Advanced than JEE Main.
31st July 2023, 09:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is three year course, so if you are in the 2nd year of the course, then not eligible to apply for IIT JEE.

IIT JEE is conducted for admission in IITs and other engineering colleges. So, you will become eligible to apply for the examination in the final year of the diploma course.

To qualify in the examination you have to prepare for the examination as per syllabus of the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?