2nd September 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NDA exam if I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering 2nd year?

i'm a student of diploma in mechanical engineeering 2nd year
after completing my diploma i still will be 18 , is it possible that i can give nda examination after completing my diploma !
please help me out

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to give NDA exam after diploma course?
  2. Am I eligible to do participate in KVPY exam while doing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible for IIT JEE Exam after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering in 4 years?
  4. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Entrance exams to do B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma 2nd year student?
  6. How can I give NDA exam after completing diploma? I am pursuing diploma in mechanical engineering
  7. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Entrance exam to study B.Tech 2nd year in Gujarat Technical University for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  9. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  10. Eligibility for B.Tech lateral entry after Diploma?
  11. Can I get admission in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering Diploma in Mumbai if secured 43% in 12th and scored 59 marks in CET?
  12. Am I eligible to appear in CDS entrance exam being a student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Am I eligible for B.Tech plastic engineering in 2nd year by lateral entry after completing diploma
  14. Am I eligible to get direct admission in 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering Diploma course if completed 12th NIOS?
  15. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  16. How to join NDA after completing diploma? I am studying civil diploma 2nd year in ICE
  17. How can I take admission in 2nd year after passing diploma in mechanical engineering
  18. Names of the colleges which will give me admission to direct 2nd year in Mechanical engineering after completing diploma with 70.41% from Mumbai University
2nd September 2015, 07:01 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NDA exam if I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm a student of diploma in mechanical engineeering 2nd year
after completing my diploma i still will be 18 , is it possible that i can give nda examination after completing my diploma !
please help me out
Yes, you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
3rd September 2015, 11:24 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NDA exam if I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering 2nd year?

No, you are not eligible to give National Defense Academy (NDA) examination being a Diploma holder. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is "12th Class" from a recognized university in any discipline. Yes, candidates who have completed their 12th Class from a recognized university are certainly eligible to apply for NDA Examination. Since you are pursuing Diploma 2nd year and being treated as a Diploma holder, I am once again sorry to say that you are not eligible to give NDA Examination. The minimum age required to appear in NDA Exam is 16 1/2 years and the maximum age must not exceed 19 years in order to be eligible for appearing in NDA Examination. I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to give NDA Examination being a Diploma holder.

>> Candidates with 12th Class qualification in 10+2 pattern --- NOT ELIGIBLE

>> Candidates with Diploma qualification in 10+3 pattern - ELIGIBLE
3rd September 2015, 01:18 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to give NDA exam if doing diploma in mechanical engineering 2nd year. You will be eligible after completion on your diploma course.

Eligibility :
Candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent from any recognised university.
Age of candidate must be from 16.5 to 19 years.
Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Candidate must be citizen of India.
3rd September 2015, 01:20 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to give NDA exam if doing diploma in mechanical engineering 2nd year. You will be eligible after completion on your diploma course.

Eligibility :
Candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent from any recognised university.
Age of candidate must be from 16.5 to 19 years.
Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
Candidate must be citizen of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?