10th January 2023, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Lateral entry scheme for UPTU Polytechnic Diploma?

I want to know about lateral entry scheme in uptu if i have one back in my polytechnic diploma result, please i have 840 rank in this uptu exam i'm worried about this please tell me about this

E-mail-
[email protected]

6th June 2023, 02:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Lateral entry scheme for UPTU Polytechnic Diploma?

There was no specific lateral entry scheme for UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University) Polytechnic Diploma.

Typically, lateral entry schemes are designed to allow diploma holders to directly enter the second or third year of an undergraduate engineering program, bypassing the first year. This enables them to save time and complete their degree in a shorter duration. Some universities or states in India may have such schemes in place for diploma holders.

If UPTU has introduced a lateral entry scheme for the Polytechnic Diploma program, you can find the relevant information on their official website or through their admission brochure. It should outline the eligibility criteria, the application process, and any other requirements or entrance exams that may be necessary for lateral entry.
7th June 2023, 01:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

There was no specific lateral entry scheme for UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University) Polytechnic Diploma.

However, UPTU (now known as Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University) offers lateral entry options for diploma holders to pursue a bachelor's degree in engineering through the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE).

Diploma holders who wish to pursue a bachelor's degree in engineering can apply for the lateral entry scheme through UPSEE. The lateral entry scheme allows diploma holders to directly enter the second year (third semester) of the engineering program.

To be eligible for the lateral entry scheme, diploma holders must meet certain criteria such as having completed a three-year diploma program recognized by the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh, or an equivalent examination. They must also satisfy the eligibility criteria specified by the university, including minimum marks and subject requirements.

Visit the official website of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University or contact the university directly for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the lateral entry scheme for UPTU Polytechnic Diploma.
7th June 2023, 09:54 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), now known as Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), offers a lateral entry scheme for diploma holders who want to pursue undergraduate engineering programs. This scheme allows diploma holders to directly enter the second year (third semester) of the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program.

Here are the key details of the lateral entry scheme for UPTU Polytechnic Diploma:

Eligibility Criteria:
1. Candidates must have completed a 3-year diploma program (recognized by the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh or any other equivalent authority) in the relevant branch of engineering/technology.
2. They should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 45% (40% for SC/ST) in their diploma program.

Admission Procedure:
1. Candidates need to appear for the UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination) conducted by AKTU.
2. They should indicate their desire for lateral entry admission during the application process.
3. Based on the UPSEE rank and availability of seats, candidates will be allotted seats in the desired branch of engineering.

Counseling Process:
1. After the UPSEE results are announced, the counseling process will commence.
2. Candidates will have to register for counseling, pay the counseling fee, and complete the choice filling and locking process.
3. Seat allotment will be done based on the candidate's rank, choices filled, and availability of seats.
4. Once the seat is allotted, candidates must report to the allotted institute for further admission formalities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?