29th February 2016, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Details of Lateral Entry scheme of WBUT for Diploma students?

Hello,
I am in the final year of Diploma Electrical in WBUT, studying in Midnapur district. I want to know the Lateral Entry scheme of WBUT for B.Tech course for Diploma students. Kindly let me know.

29th February 2016, 11:03 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of Lateral Entry scheme of WBUT for Diploma students?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission after completion of diploma degree.

To get admission you have to appear for JELET examination conducted by West Bengal State Education Board for admission of candidates in 2nd year B.tech course.

Candidate passed diploma degree from recognised board with minimum 60% aggregate are eligible to appear for examination but you have to qualify in entrance examination for final admission.
29th February 2016, 11:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You must apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test which is conducted by West Bengal Technical University.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Diploma from a recognized university.

>>Candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in diploma.

Application forms are available in May. Exam is conducted in June.
1st March 2016, 12:01 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

WBUT stands for West Bengal University of Technology.
After clearing your diploma in any stream you can apply for the bachelor degree in the WBUT. After clearing your diploma you will get direct admission in the second year of your bachelor degree course. Thus your course duration of bachelor degree will reduced to three years only which is otherwise of four years.
You simply have to appears in the lateral entry exam an score good rank to confirm your seat in the WBUT. After that you have to participate in the online counselling and then finally you have to visit at the campus and complete the admission formalities. After that you can start your classes in the WBUT.
26th April 2017, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Is Jelet the only source of getting admission in Wbut ? Is there any other source of entry? Please let me know because I didn't do the form fill up of Jelet. I missed the date..I really want to get admission in wbut..is there no other source other than Jelet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?