29th April 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

How to take admission in B.Tech(Lateral Entry)? I am pursuing Polytechnic III year

Sir, I am pursuing polytechnic IIIrd year VI sem. (lateral entry). So I want to take admission in B.tech (lateral entry). Plz give me rply...

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in B.Tech in IP university? I am pursuing Polytechnic from Delhi
  2. Lateral entry admission in diploma polytechnic in up and delhi -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I take lateral entry admission in 2nd year in government college of Polytechnic in UP after scoring 59.6% in 12th?
  4. After completing diploma in CSE from Polytechnic can I take admission in B.E Civil through lateral entry?
  5. Best Polytechnic to pursue diploma course in Chemical Engineering or in Petrochemicals? Is it possible to take direct entry in 2nd year after completion of 3 years diploma course?
  6. What is the process for taking admission through Lateral Entry? I am pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  7. What all courses are available for plus one after passing 10th?
  8. Can I get admission in B.E Civil 2nd year through lateral entry after completing diploma in CSE from Polytechnic College?
  9. How can I get admission in 2nd year of Polytechnic being an ITI holder? -- [New]
  10. How to take admission in B.Tech lateral entry in 2nd year in Delhi or NCR
  11. Institutes for Lateral entry admission in diploma polytechnic in Uttar Pradesh?
  12. How to do B.Tech after doing Polytechnic with 59%? List of colleges which will give admission through lateral entry?
  13. Colleges providing direct entry in Polytechnic college in Kashmir? Address details of the Polytechnic Colleges?
  14. Can I get admission to 3rd year in any polytechnic institute?
  15. Can I appear for Polytechnic entrance exam after passing high school? What is the procedure for direct admission in Polytechnic College
  16. Diploma in Information Technology is a right course?
  17. How can I get a lateral entry in TN or AIEEE college?What's the age limit and other guidelines for the same? I'm in 5th sem of diploma(Auto Engineering) in Sankara Polytechnic at Coimbatore and interested in pursuing Engineering degree
  18. Can I apply for state, central government job and West Bengal JELET while doing diploma form RVD university?
23rd June 2013, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take admission in B.Tech(Lateral Entry)? I am pursuing Polytechnic III year

sir polytechnic ke bad up ke government engineering college me polytechnic ke bad admisson kaise loo.
electrical engineering se diploma karne ke pad entrance exam ka course bhi bata dijiye
28th June 2013, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take admission in B.Tech(Lateral Entry)? I am pursuing Polytechnic III year

after completing diploma which year i get lateral entry to admit b tech
19th August 2013, 10:45 PM
singh soorme
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to take admission in B.Tech(Lateral Entry)? I am pursuing Polytechnic III year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am pursuing polytechnic IIIrd year VI sem. (lateral entry). So I want to take admission in B.tech (lateral entry). Plz give me rply...
Hi friend,

Since I am also a Diploma holder just like you,so I am very happy to see that you are so much concerned about your future.So for getting admission in Engineering,so need to follow the below procedure.

Duration of degree course on the basis of Lateral entry scheme= 3 years.

Eligibility conditions for Lateral entry admissions:
  • You must have completed your Diploma course with minimum 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.
  • You must not have any backlog left in Diploma course.
  • Your age must not be more than 28 years.

After fulfilling the above conditions,you need to fill the Application form for the University/College,then according to your marks in Diploma,you will be assigned College and Branch of University.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges offering Lateral entry admissions are:

Punjab University,Chandigarh.

Punjabi University,Patiala.

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

KIITS University,Orrissa.

Chitkara University,Chandigarh.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi

Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida

Delhi Technological University,Delhi.

Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana

DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.

All the best.
20th August 2013, 09:07 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Lateral Entry Engineering Entrance exams are given to take admission in undergraduate engineering courses.Every state engineering council of India conducts lateral entry scheme written examination for selecting candidates for Under-Graduate engineering courses.You can also apply for outside state lateral entry engineering entrance exam.There will be various engineering streams in which you can take admission :
~Electronics and Communication Engineering.
~Computer Science and Engineering.
~Information Technology.
~mechanical Engineering.
~Electrical Engineering.
~Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
~Biotechnology.
~Nanotechnology.
~Food Technology.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry engineering examination :

-->>Candidates should have a minimum of 70% marks in Diploma engineering courses and diploma course should be of 03 years and joined after completing your class 10.
-->>Candidates who have a bachelor degree in No medical background/B.sc in computer science will also be eligible to apply for lateral entry examination.
-->>Candidates who have joinde diploam engineeriung coursese after passing thgeir Intermediate then,their minimum marks in Diploma course should be a minimum of 50%.

Written test exam syllabus :
  1. Physics and Chemistry - 25 questions.
  2. Mathematics - 50 questions.
  3. General Reasoning and English - 25 questions.
Total duration of the written exam will be 03 hours and total marks for the written exam will be 200.All questions will be objective type with multiple choice answers.

There are various Lateral Entry Engineering test which is conducted in India.Some of these are :
  1. JELET(Joint Entrance Examination of Lateral Entry).
  2. DET(Diploma to Degree Entrance Test).
  3. PULEET.
  4. LET(By the state of Tamil Nadu).
22nd August 2013, 03:31 PM
singh soorme
Junior Member+

Talking Re: How to take admission in B.Tech(Lateral Entry)? I am pursuing Polytechnic III year

Quote:
Hi friend,

As you know 3rd year is the most important for your Diploma course,mostly students work hard in this year as it is simple and scoring,so I also recommend you to work hard in your 3rd year in order to make your percentage high.

Eligibility conditions for B.Tech admissions for Diploma holders:

You must have completed your Diploma course with minimum 60% marks in Engineering from a recognized State Board of Technical Education.
You must not have any backlog left in Diploma course.
Your age must not be more than 28 years.

If you are eligible according to the above conditions,then you need to fill the Application forms for the College/University where you want to take admission.There are some Colleges which give admission on the basis of Entrance Test whereas some give admission on the basis
of your % marks in Diploma.

Most prestigious Engineering Colleges in India offering Lateral entry admissions :

Punjab University,Chandigarh.

Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology,Patiala.

Guru Gobind Singh IP University,Delhi.

Sant Longoval Institute of Engineering and Technology,Sangrur.

Harcourt Butler Technological Institute,Kanpur.

Government College of Engineering,Pune.

Punjabi University,Patiala.

Punjab Technical University,Jallandhar.

KIITS University,Orrissa.

Chitkara University,Chandigarh.

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology,Delhi

Amity School of Engineering and Technology,Noida

Delhi Technological University,Delhi.

Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology,Delhi.

Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College,Ludhiana

DAV Institute of Engineering and Technology,Jallandhar.

SBS College of Engineering and Technology,Ferozepur.

Chandigarh Group of Colleges,Chandigarh.

After that your Counselling will be conducted where you will be asked about your choice of College and trade,so you need to tell that,this is the complete procedure and you will be alloted a particular College and branch.

All the best.
16th October 2013, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

sir i am persuing poltechnic 3rd year . after polytechnic i wish to take admission in b.tech (lateral entry) in goverment college in up.so i give which entrance examination.
and list of govt b.tech college in up
19th May 2014, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have completed my diploma frm chennai,may i eligible toh get lateral entry in dce
4th July 2014, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have complete my letral polytanic and i want to take admission in b.tech in letsal.how can impossible.plz sir u help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?