13th April 2023, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

MD can be done after BSc and PG Diploma?

Hello this is deepika from bangalore I have done bsc biotechnology and pg diploma in clinical research...my question is can I do md now? Do I need to give any entrance exam for it? Which institute/university offers md after bsc and pg diploma....what are the specializations in md which suits for a good career option. Kindly share views and information at the earliest...

15th April 2023, 12:29 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MD can be done after BSc and PG Diploma?

MD (Doctor of Medicine) is a postgraduate degree in the medical field that is typically pursued by students who have completed their MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) degree. To be eligible for an MD program, you need to have completed your MBBS degree from a recognized university or institution.

Generally, a BSc (Bachelor of Science) degree alone does not make one eligible for an MD program, as it is not a medical degree. However, some universities or institutions may offer PG Diploma programs in the medical field that can serve as a pathway to an MD program. In such cases, you may be required to complete the PG Diploma program and meet other eligibility criteria before being considered for an MD program.
15th April 2023, 02:12 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

No, you cannot do MD (Doctor of Medicine) after B.Sc or Pg diploma. Candidates must appeared in entrance exam like NEET UG and secured MBBS seat and completed it from a recognised College or University are only eligible to appear for NEET PG and then to get MD seat.
15th April 2023, 12:02 PM
Dudu...

No, you cannot pursue a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree after completing a Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Post Graduate Diploma program. To pursue an MD degree, you need to have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree or an equivalent medical degree recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
15th April 2023, 05:33 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do MD (Doctor of Medicine) after B.Sc or M.Sc Cardiology. Candidates must appeared in entrance exam like NEET UG and secured MBBS seat and completed it from a recognised College or University are only eligible to appear for NEET PG and then to get MD seat.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?