26th July 2018, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to secure BTech 2nd year admission for Diploma Mechanical student?

Hello everyone, I am a student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in SSVGI, Bareily. I want to study BTech course after completing my Diploma course. I want to secure admission in 2nd year of BTech. So, is it possible for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get Lateral BTech admission in Jadavpur University without HS for a Diploma student?
  2. Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student? -- [New]
  3. Possibility to secure admission in 2nd year for a candidate who quit after 1st year of BCom with a year gap?
  4. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Possibility to get admission in AICTE approved B.Tech colleges for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student of UBTER?
  6. Is there a possibility to get admission in diploma in Mechanical after completion of diploma in agriculture?
  7. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  8. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  9. Possibility to change stream to Mechanical for Diploma Civil student?
  10. Possibility of direct admission in 2nd year of BCA after Diploma course?
  11. Possibility to get admission in 2nd year of B.Arch course for Architecture Diploma student?
  12. Can I get direct admission to study Aeronautical Diploma if failed in 2nd year of Diploma Mechanical?
  13. Possibility to get admission in B.Arch 2nd year for Diploma Civil student?
  14. Entrance exams to do B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma 2nd year student?
  15. Can I get direct 2nd year post SSC diploma admission in VJTI in mechanical branch after passing 12th science?
  16. Possibility to get admission in B.Tech(Biotechnology) 2nd year for Diploma Chemical Engineer?
  17. List of companies offering Internship to BTech Mechanical 2nd year student in Jodhpur?
  18. Can I get admission in BA after completing Diploma in Mechanical to prepare for MPSC exam? Can I get admission in BA 2nd year directly?
28th July 2018, 06:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure BTech 2nd year admission for Diploma Mechanical student?

Yes, you can directly take admission into 2nd year of B.Tech after completing your Diploma course.

For getting direct admission to 2nd year, you will have to qualify Lateral entry exam that is conducted by either institute or affiliating body of the college.

In Lateral entry exam, you will face questions that will belong to the course that you have studied in your Diploma course.

After qualifying lateral entry exam, you will get admission to 2nd year of Bachelor course along with other regular candidates.
29th July 2018, 01:25 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to secure BTech 2nd year admission for Diploma Mechanical student?

=> Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course after completing Diploma Mechanical course.

=> The duration of B.Tech course is three years after Diploma course.

=> In order to get admission in B.Tech course you have to appear in LEET examination.

=> The admission of candidate will be done on the basis of entrance examination so that you should score good marks in entrance examination.
29th July 2018, 09:36 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Diploma in Engineering candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test of your state to get admission directly in second year of engineering.

Requirements for LEET exam:

Academic qualification: Diploma in engineering from a recognized institute.

Minimum of 60% marks in diploma in engineering.

Your rank in LEET exam will decide college and stream which you can opt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?