25th February 2018, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry for Electrical Engineering Diploma holder?

Hello friends, I have completed my 12th and also completed 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from reputed university. Now, I want to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry. Kindly guide me through the procedure.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure for joining lateral entry in BTech after pursuing diploma?
  2. Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Procedure for lateral entry of diploma holders in UPTU engineering?
  4. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  5. Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry in Aligarh Muslim University for Diploma holder?
  6. Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry for Civil Engineering Diploma holder?
  7. How to do B.E course in Gujarat after passing diploma in Electrical Engineering in Gujarat?
  8. Can a civil engineering stream student get admission in IT or CS or ME?
  9. Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry for Mechanical Engineering Diploma holder?
  10. Procedure for admission in IP Engineering College Delhi for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering after diploma? Any admission test for lateral entry in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I be eligible for taking admission in Petroleum Engineering in Lateral Entry having completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  12. List of colleges to study Electrical engineering course through lateral entry? Procedure of admission in that colleges?
  13. Is there any technical course after ITI?
  14. Can I get lateral BTech admission in Jamia Millia Islamia being a Diploma Mechanical holder? -- [New]
  15. Colleges offering lateral B.Tech admission for 2 years diploma holder?
  16. Private jobs after completing diploma in Electrical engineering. Can I do B.Tech through lateral entry scheme?
  17. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  18. Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?
5th March 2018, 10:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry for Electrical Engineering Diploma holder?

To get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry after completion of your Diploma in Electrical Engineering course, you have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, JELET, ECET, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank, so, that you will be offered lateral entry admission in a particular college for pursuing your B.Tech course.
5th March 2018, 10:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry for Electrical Engineering Diploma holder?

Since, you have completed your 3 years Diploma course in Electrical Engineering, you are very much eligible to opt for the B.Tech degree course in the relevant field.
After the completion of your Diploma course, you must have to appear and qualify in the LEET examination or in the examination which is conducted by the respective state council. Once after qualifying in the entrance examination, you can apply in different Universities in order to pursue B.Tech degree course.
6th March 2018, 09:50 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission through lateral entry, you should have completed your 3 years diploma with minimum 60% marks from a recognized institute. Most of the colleges conduct their own entrance examination to select the candidates for admission direct in the 2nd year of B.Tech or you can appear for LEET examination. Hence, if you clear the examination with good marks then you will be eligible to get admission for electrical engineering course.
6th March 2018, 03:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I have completed my 12th and also completed 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from reputed university. Now, I want to get admission in B.Tech through Lateral Entry. Kindly guide me through the procedure.

Candidates who have passed Diploma in Electrical Engineering can apply for BE or BTech in Electrical Engineering through lateral entry admission. In each state, there are around 10% to 15% seats in engineering colleges reserved for the diploma holders (lateral entry admission mode). Directorate of Technical Education conducts an entrance examination for the admission to the BTech lateral entry students. Based on the marks scored in the entrance examination, merit list will be prepared and students admitted through counseling. In the states like Tamilnadu, there is no entrance examination for the admission.
7th March 2018, 09:45 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for getting admission into Lateral Entry of Electrical Engineering course. The basic educational qualification required is,

>> through 12th Class - Get admission into 1st year of B.Tech/ B.E
Duration = 2 years Higher Secondary + 4 years B.E/ B.Tech

>> Through Diploma course - Get admission into 2nd year of B.Tech
Duration = 3 years Diploma + 3 years B.E/ B.Tech

As you are done with 3 year Diploma course, you will be getting admission into Bachelor Degree in the 2nd year of B.E/ B.Tech through lateral entry scheme.

In order to be eligible, you are required to appear in any of the state level or college's level Diploma Common Entrance Examination or Lateral Entry Entrance Test. With LEET or concerned state's Diploma CET's score you will be able to get admission into 2nd year of Bachelor's Degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?