11th June 2014, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Whether PGDTE is similar to B.Ed? Can I apply for DSC and Model Schools for English TGT/PGT with PGDTE certificate?

Hi,
After completing M.A English, English and Foreign languages University(HYD) offers Post Graduate Diploma in Teaching English course (PGDTE).

Is PGDTE course equivalent teaching degree to B.ED. With PGDTE can we apply for dsc, Model schools for english TGT or PGT

please give the reply soon as only a few days is left over to apply for model schools.

Thank you,
anita

15th July 2016, 10:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether PGDTE is similar to B.Ed? Can I apply for DSC and Model Schools for English TGT/PGT with PGDTE certificate?

No, it is not equivalent to B.Ed or any other teaching courses. You can only apply for job at private schools with such qualification. If you want to apply for TET then this will not help.
Hence, if you want to teach in private schools then you can try but after some time they will ask for B.Ed qualification which is absolutely compulsory for teachers these days.
24th July 2016, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Whether PGDTE is similar to B.Ed? Can I apply for DSC and Model Schools for English TGT/PGT with PGDTE certificate?

PGDTE (A Post Graduate Diploma is recognised as equivalent to M.Phil by a number of Universities But not equivalent to B.Ed.
28th October 2018, 05:32 AM
Unregistered

From which classes syllabus to Ap model school PGT civics examination
17th January 2021, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Is there any lateral entry methods for candidates with pgdte for b.ed?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?