28th January 2014, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Will it be possible for me to join a shipping company after PGDM in Operations?

Dear Sir,
I am a student of PGDM and I am pursuing it in the fields of Operations and Marketing.
Will it be possible for me to join a shipping company .. and please also let me know this that if it is possiblr for me to work on ship ??? with a reasonable salary .............................

Thanking You

Yours Sincerly

Vasu Sinha

10th April 2015, 05:40 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will it be possible for me to join a shipping company after PGDM in Operations?

Yes, there are possibilities that you can join shipping companies as even they haved to deal with Operations and marketing departments and they too need employees for the same.

But, when it comes to join ship and work on it while sailing, I am afraid to say that you are not at all eligible for it.

To work on ship you need to go for courses which would lead you to have a job on ship, however, you might join shipping companies and work offshore and earn a handsome salary.

Salary package is not the same in every Shipping Companies, it varies from Company to company, however at an average you can get a minimum starting salary of around Rs. 20,000/- - Rs. 25,000/- per month and with time and experience it will definitely increase.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?