30th April 2016, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Without Economics can I study Diploma in Hotel Management being a Commerce student?

Sir,
I am from Commerce side student but I have no Economics. I have Maths on the replacement of Economics. So, I can study Hotel Management Diploma course? Please help me to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission for study Hotel Management Diploma course for 11th Commerce student?
  2. Possibility for a commerce student to study professional course like Hotel Management?
  3. Subjects offered in Diploma program of Hotel Management?
  4. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management on Diploma basis? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get admission to study Bachelor of Hotel Management if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics and Economics?
  6. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management if pursue Diploma in it?
  7. Possibility to study Economics Diploma course for BBA(H) student?
  8. What kind of jobs are available after Diploma or B.Sc in Hotel Management? Does it has a better future? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. B.Sc in Hotel Management or Diploma in Hotel Management which one is good? Jobs available in future?
  10. Eligibility to study Diploma in Hotel Management course for 10th student?
  11. Is it beneficial to study Hotel Management for girl candidate? Starting salary after completion of this course?
  12. Possibility to study B.Sc for Diploma in Hotel Management 3rd year student?
  13. Possibility to study Hotel Management course in Abroad after completing 12th Commerce?
  14. What should I do to study Diploma in Hotel Management on 10th basis?
  15. Are hotel management courses equivalent to diploma courses? Can I purse these course simultaneously with my schooling? Suggest some hotel management courses -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Job opportunities in Government sector for Hotel Management Diploma student?
  17. How to study hotel management after completing polytechnic diploma in computer application and business management
  18. Preferred books for the preparation of Hotel management entrance exams?
2nd May 2016, 08:01 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Without Economics can I study Diploma in Hotel Management being a Commerce student?

Yea, you can definitely study diploma in Hotel Management even though you do not have economics in your 12th standard. The admission to diploma course in the field of hotel management is done on the basis of tenth standard performance and entrance exam for the diploma course admission wherein 12th standard plays no role. Hence you can definitely pursue diploma course in the field of hotel management.
2nd May 2016, 06:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Without Economics can I study Diploma in Hotel Management being a Commerce student?

For diploma in hotel management you just need class 12th qualification in any stream. Admission is through entrance exam which is conducted on state level along with polytechnic entrance exam.

Hence, just apply for polytechnic entrance exam which offers diploma in hotel management and be prepared for it. Seats are allotted based on rank through counselling.
2nd May 2016, 09:52 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to pursue a degree course in hotel management after passing 12th from commerce stream but your percentage in 12th should not be less than 50%. You have to qualify the entrance exam that is conducted by the top universities of our country.
3rd May 2016, 12:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I am from Commerce side student but I have no Economics. I have Maths on the replacement of Economics. So, I can study Hotel Management Diploma course? Please help me to know about this.
Yes, of course you can pursue for Diploma in Hotel Management course without Economics course. Any stream candidates are eligible to apply. Economics subject is not mandatory for Diploma in Hotel Management course. Please, refer the below eligibility criteria;

Eligibility Criteria:
  • The candidate must complete 10th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board.
  • The candidate must score at least 50% at 10th standard level.
  • The candidate age should be not more than 18 years.
3rd May 2016, 12:52 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
The aspirant can study the Diploma in Hotel Management without Economics after 10+2. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2 with English as one of the subjects. You can study the course in various institutes in India. The duration of the course is 1 year. The course is available in many institutions in India. You can also study B.Sc in Hotel Management & Catering Science course with 10+2 qualifications. You can study the course at Chennai Amirta
Institute, the website link is http://www.chennaisamirta.com/courses-offered/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?