12th April 2016, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I get minority scholarship to study in IIT being a Jain candidate?

Hello,
Can Jain candidates get scholarship for study in IIT? I am a Jain by category and I am preparing for JEE Advanced for study in IIT. So as a Jain can I get minority scholarship?

5th February 2018, 01:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get minority scholarship to study in IIT being a Jain candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Can Jain candidates get scholarship for study in IIT? I am a Jain by category and I am preparing for JEE Advanced for study in IIT. So as a Jain can I get minority scholarship?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme offered by Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, being a Jain student studying in IIT. Students belonging to the minority communities like Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist & Parsi and whose parental income is not more than Rs 2.5 lakhs per year are eligible to apply for the Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme offered by Ministry of Minority Affairs. You can apply online for the above mentioned scheme. You can find the details about the scholarship in the Ministry of Minority Affairs website. Ministry of Minority Affairs website is given Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?