20th July 2015, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I get scolarship for postgraduate in BAMS?

I have completed BAMS.....i want to do post graduates in ayurveda so can i get scolarship ??wat are the procedure to get the scolarship? It will be really helpful if someone can explain me the steps in details. Awaiting for the reply.

Thank you!

6th April 2023, 03:14 AM
4700BC

Default Re: Can I get scolarship for postgraduate in BAMS?

Yes, scholarships are also available for postgraduate ayurvedic courses like MS (Ayurveda) or MD (Ayurveda). Here are the steps to apply for scholarships for postgraduate ayurvedic education:

Check your eligibility. Look for scholarships that you may be eligible for based on your academic merit, financial need, category (SC/ST etc.), region, etc. Most scholarships have certain eligibility criteria.

Contact the ayurvedic colleges you are interested in. Many colleges offer scholarships or fee waivers for deserving postgraduate students. Contact them for details and application procedure.

Apply for government scholarships. There are certain central and state government scholarships for postgraduate students. Check with the Ministry of AYUSH website and with your state government's medical education department for scholarships and application forms.

Apply for private scholarships and trusts. Search online for private organizations, trusts and foundations offering scholarships for Ayurvedic PG education. Contact them for details and apply within the last date.

Apply for student loans and aid. If scholarships are not enough, you can take educational loans from banks to fund your PG education. student credit cards are also an option. Late repayment fees may apply though.

Submit the required documents. This typically includes - mark sheets, degree certificate, PH certificate (if applicable), proof of annual income (for need-based scholarships), reference letters, etc.

Appear for interviews if shortlisted. Some scholarships conduct interviews of shortlisted candidates before final selection. Prepare well for such interviews.

Accept and utilize the scholarship. Once you are granted a scholarship, accept it within the given deadline. Use it properly to pay off tuition fees, books and other educational expenses.

Fulfill the bond conditions. Certain scholarships come with a bond, where you have to serve for a minimum period after completing the course. Ensure you fulfill the required bond period after graduating.
6th April 2023, 04:03 AM
SurajKapoor

Default Re: Can I get scolarship for postgraduate in BAMS?

Here are the details on scholarships for postgraduate studies in BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) without using any bullet points:

Yes, there are scholarships available for higher studies in Ayurveda including postgraduate courses in BAMS. Here are some key points about scholarships and application procedure in details:

There are Central and state government scholarships for SC/ST students covering 50-100% fees. You need to apply in the prescribed format with supporting documents like caste certificate, income proof, mark sheets, etc. and submit to concerned Central/state department. Selection is based on merit and need.

The central ministry of Ayush provides merit-cum-means based scholarships covering 50-75% fees for UG and PG Ayurveda studies. Apply to Ayush, fill the format on ayush.gov.in with details and submit documents. Selected students get scholarships for 5 years.

Private trusts and NGOs also offer scholarships for ayurvedic education. Search on websites or social media for opportunities. Some provide scholarships from Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 1 lakh per year based on criteria. Apply in the format mentioned on their website with necessary enclosures.

UGC scholarships can be utilized for higher studies in Ayurveda after UG. Apply for UGC NET fellowships/ships on ugc.ac.in. Those clearing NET can get funding of Rs. 5,000 to 50,000 per month. Apply with score card, enrollment proof, caste/income certificates as required.

Many banks provide education loans for professional courses including Ayurveda approved by AYUSH. EMI is subsidized and the principal amount eligible goes up to Rs. 30-50 lakhs. Apply in the bank branch with co-applicant (parent), documents to get the loan sanctioned. Interest rates are 8-9.5% for 5-7 years.

Some important points in applying for scholarships:

Meet basic eligibility of 60% or more in qualifying exams, annual income below 2-3 lakhs, reservation category proof (if applicable).

Submit applications with all requested documents before last dates as scholarships are allotted on first come first served basis.

Prepare well to clear any written tests or interviews conducted as part of selection.

Apply for all relevant scholarships to improve your opportunities. Match deadlines to avoid missing out on chances.

Check status and money receipts for selected scholarships regularly. Delay in disbursal can affect studies.

For education loans, look into co-applicant eligibility, interest rates, fees to determine the most suitable offer. Prepare to meet obligations after course completion.

Let me know if you need any further information or clarification on scholarships, eligibility criteria, documents, etc. I can also suggest top institutions providing postgraduate courses in BAMS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?